Forums

Help › Forums

question to legends?

Thu, Mar 29 2012 4:57 AM (6 replies)
  • crgade
    490 Posts
    Wed, Mar 28 2012 9:17 AM

As I am a new legend 20-30 games into the level

got a question do balls fly farther at legend level it seems that at TM level the balls would fly and more or less stop when landing 9 irons and wedges now at legend level the same shot distance etc.. the ball lands and then releases a few extra yards.

other question just curious what settings do you find are the best to play at on off best etc......

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Wed, Mar 28 2012 9:35 AM

You are using Legend balls, that's the difference.

• BeachedMulligan
    1,238 Posts
    Wed, Mar 28 2012 12:46 PM

Legend greens are also a bit faster. So I assume they may release a bit more. I'm not sure though, still a TM. 

BM

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Mar 28 2012 1:07 PM

crgade:
    now at legend level the same shot distance etc.. the ball lands and then releases a few extra yards.

That's the difference in green speeds working. Like BM pointed out, the Legend greens are faster than the TM speed you were used to. Yes, I know they're both called Tournament speeds, the Legend Tournament speed is faster.

• crgade
    490 Posts
    Wed, Mar 28 2012 1:11 PM

believe piz  might have it with the balls laughing the lower z calloway has a longer durability going back to that one

as to faster greens which I admit is a full 10th of a percent different in caculating down putts

would the faster greens actually affect the stopping power of ball approaches?

hmmmmm

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Wed, Mar 28 2012 9:28 PM

crgade:

Yes.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Mar 29 2012 4:57 AM

crgade:

No question. The biggest difference between Burners and R11's is that the R11 3, 4 and 5 irons  will hold those approaches.

RSS