Forums

Help › Forums

WHAT IS YOUR CHARACTER???

Mon, Apr 2 2012 5:49 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SHBlonde
    6 Posts
    Sat, Mar 31 2012 8:50 PM

Can all of you PLEASE be respectful of the fact that the beginning age of golfer on here is 13 yrs!!!  Take the sexually explicit stuff someplace else!  Let this continue to be "family friendly"..PG!!.   Remember......it take a village to raise a child!!  Thank you & have a blessed day~

• GARRYCARTER
    1,533 Posts
    Sun, Apr 1 2012 1:19 AM

^ Well said ^

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Sun, Apr 1 2012 7:46 PM

Wrong. It DOES NOT take a village to raise a child. It takes a loving and caring mother and father, both of good character.

A village has loafers, drunks, the village idiots, and other unworthies hanging about among the good folks. If that is what you think is good for your child, then you are greatly mistaken.

• manabouttown11
    573 Posts
    Sun, Apr 1 2012 7:58 PM

AlaCowboy:
    Wrong. It DOES NOT take a village to raise a child

It is not a literal term. It is meant to convey the meaning that it takes more than just loving parents to raise a child. It takes doctors, nurses, teachers, law enforcement, uncles, aunties, grand parents, friends and others to raise a socially adept, healthy, educated, productive individual.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Apr 1 2012 8:33 PM

SHB, I respect your beliefs and your request. I totally agree that this site is not the place for sexual photos or conversation. It is a virtual golf game, to be enjoyed, to make new friends, and a way to pass the time. With that said, it was not originally intended for 13 old kids. They don't usually have a cash flow they can share with WGT. Any time a minor gets on a computer, they have access to anything and everything. There will always be certain people who  try to corrupt any form of social media. For those who are offended by others religious convictions, these need to be kept in the proper perspective, same as those who are offended by sexual content. I keep this game as close as I can, to the original purpose of the game. It was intended to be a leisurely sport with the up most of honesty and integrity. We can't police all the people, all the time. When I encounter situations in real life, that offend myself, or my family members, I avoid those situations. If you have witnessed anything on WGT that offends you, it is your choice to stay or leave. Kind of like the post months ago, where a member wanted all the female golfers to dress like Minnie Pearl. Please don't take me wrong, I'm with you, but we can't do much about it.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Sun, Apr 1 2012 11:01 PM

i was not going to comment ,but i have to say RENNIW   you said it all ,,,,,,how many 13 years hold kid will stick with this game   come on    its to slow for them ,,,,they have more exciting game to play, golf (virtual) this game   is for holder or young males and woman that plays  real golf ......i am willing to take 10 ,     13 years yold kids and ask them  golf or  batle in hiper space i garanti they go for the fight ....so   kids beware this game is slow long and for sure verry hard .......................................   i  could used a 13 years old kid to hit the ding for me   since i am holder not to  fast  (brain finger ding thing )      but they would ask me for $$$$   LOL  ,,,,,,,,WGT  know when a avatar is not        proper or  offending to the majority ........    ok enough,said   i am drunk again i needed to say something      ......:)

• MUSTAQBAL1
    270 Posts
    Mon, Apr 2 2012 2:28 AM

i agree with with you cowboy for it really all depends on what type of village it is. i spent a tour in afghanistan and i would not want my child raised there for sure.  of course, that is just one man's perspective. i suppose there are some that would love to raise their children in that country.  the beauty of choice.

qbal

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Mon, Apr 2 2012 2:51 AM

I dare say that most people, like the Afghans over there, have no choice, but that's not the point of the saying:

There are plenty more influences on a child than its parents.

(uh, uh, greengrocers' apostrophe removed)

• drmoose
    3,539 Posts
    Mon, Apr 2 2012 3:34 AM

frappefort:
    (brain finger ding thing )  

Dear Frappefort, In laymans' terms, the medical condition you describe is a relatively new condition almost exclusively related  to WGT players that has yet to be given an official name to describe it. I propose it henceforth be referred to as F.B.F.D.T. or Frappafortian Brain Finger Ding Thing, so those of us who suffer from this malady  can recieve official recognition from the medical community and obtain proper treatment.

Sincerely, Doc

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Mon, Apr 2 2012 8:07 AM

drmoose:
    F.B.F.D.T. or Frappafortian Brain Finger Ding Thing

would that be like the brain-eye-finger interface crash? if you ever saw a WGT player taking a DWI, when asked to touch their nose, they would poke themselves in the eye

• PAGES
RSS