Forums

Help › Forums

When you change tiers does your average score go up?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 3 2012 10:17 AM (5 replies)
  • Joemaxhinsonjr
    39 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2012 1:03 AM

I never noticed when I changed tiers before that my score average shot up.  I just advanced to Tour Pro and my average went from 72 up to 84.....I haven't noticed this happening before.....is this normal????

• serg1511
    1 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2012 1:18 AM

I had the same thing!

• upinsmoketour
    342 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2012 1:48 AM

Yeah everytime you move tier your avg will reset & the more tiers you move up the harder it will be for eg. When you get to tour master close to legend 7under moves it .4 lol hope this helps .

• pb1711
    1,183 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2012 1:55 AM

I assume you shot an 84 (18 holes) or a 42( 9holes ) on your first round as a Tour pro?

This happens cause when you tier up, you get a "new" average, only scores shot at that tier are counted towads your average. If your first round was a 29 your average would be 58 right now.  It will however fluctuate quite a bit for the first few rounds. Once you have shot a good couple of rounds at Tour pro it will settle down and only go up and down by smaller margins. This will happen again when you get to master, TM and finally, legend.

Hope this helps, Good Luck

• Joemaxhinsonjr
    39 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2012 10:05 AM

Thanks, that does explain it.  I had a little trouble with the Very Fast greens my first round. 

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2012 10:17 AM

My question is, as this is one of the most frequently asked questions, if not the most, why on earth is it not in the FAQ section?

How long would it take to put it there? 

RSS