Forums

Help › Forums

Most prestigious golf majors

Tue, Apr 3 2012 5:23 PM (5 replies)
  • Als6437
    428 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2012 2:52 PM

I think the most prestigious golf major is the Masters.  A little step down in a tie would be the US Open and British Open. Finally the PGA Championship, the least prestigious.  Just my thoughts.  Please give your opinions.

• Lmorgan007
    408 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2012 3:01 PM

I agree.

Can you imagine if the Open Championship (that is it's correct name btw) and US Open were played on the same course every year?  No nor can I.  That and the fact that the Masters is the first major of the year make it the most special in my eyes.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2012 3:14 PM

I agree the masters is the most prestigious but to win any 1 of the 4 majors would be a dream come true for any golfer. Just think of all those great players that have never won a major. Colin Montgomerie springs to mind.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2012 3:38 PM

British Open for me. It's history puts it on a different level from the others. To win the British Open at St Andrews is very special indeed. I was lucky enough to witness Seve do it in 1983 on one of the best final Open days on record. It really was a magical day that will live with me to the grave.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2012 3:44 PM

tiffer67:
    To win the British Open at St Andrews is very special indeed.

Very true Tiff. The Open at St Andrews does have that added spice.

• rlpparker
    68 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2012 5:23 PM

i agree with you , first watched the masters at age 14,, hadn"t missed one sense,, 86 was the best the bear coming down the stretch, simply the best,,,, what a great tournament and great finish for jack,, never 2 olddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

RSS