Forums

Help › Forums

Greets from a new kid

Sat, Apr 7 2012 4:45 PM (7 replies)
  • CaptainLuke
    10 Posts
    Thu, Apr 5 2012 7:10 PM

Just joined what could be the most addictive online pursuit I have ever encountered.  It's infuriating; yet when I tried the ez swing clubs, I immediately dumped them.  If I'm going to non-stink at this, I want to earn it.

By the way, thanks to a heart condition, I'm on beta-blockers.  Those have been deemed "performance enhancing drugs," and I tell people that's what's keeping me off the Tour.  That's not gonna get me booted out of here, is it?

Play on.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Apr 6 2012 8:42 AM

hi

it will not:)

welcome!

-wgticon

• unipet
    14 Posts
    Fri, Apr 6 2012 11:12 AM

The Beta blockers, atacand, and atenolol haven't seemed to help. Back on caffeine, cheap wine when I start and good wine at the 5th and bourbon, tequila, vodka and scotch by the time I finish. Read the breaks better the second 9.

• pissmonkey
    6 Posts
    Fri, Apr 6 2012 12:05 PM

I want 2 know if it's just me or does anyone else experience trouble with their meter just when you are starting 2 play well? Is it part of a wgt ploy to offset your timing; or is it something that is associated with my system? All I know is that my meter starts bouncing all over the place....slows down, speed up, continues after I click 4 a shot....I mean who can be consistant dealing with that stuff?...IJS

• Lmorgan007
    408 Posts
    Sat, Apr 7 2012 9:03 AM

Hi and welcome.  Not sure about performance enhancing but whenever I'm 'tired and emotional' my play stinks.

• CaptainLuke
    10 Posts
    Sat, Apr 7 2012 9:42 AM

Hmmm. Perhaps an optional club in the bag should be Canadian?

• CaptainLuke
    10 Posts
    Sat, Apr 7 2012 9:47 AM

My guess is that the programmers have built in an "Ex Wife Subroutine."  Every now and then, it'll kick in with the intent of making you wish you were never born; i.e. the time I 3-putted from within 8-inches.  Goes away as quickly as it appears, leaving nothing but the lingering smell of cheap perfume.

• JimmyLynch
    17 Posts
    Sat, Apr 7 2012 4:45 PM

I don't think it's you Pissmonkey.  i played  for about a month pretty often , and got myself  under 40 for nine holes several times, but then the system seemed to make it harder on me and it has been a struggle to stay in the low to mid 40s. It's almost like they try to get you to spend money for clubs and balls out of frustration. The game has gotten very frustrating , and I have been out of work for months with a foot injury. I can't play real golf and can't afford to play better here by buying the equipment to reach greens in regulation.

RSS