Forums

Help › Forums

Getting Worse

Sat, Apr 7 2012 5:18 AM (27 replies)
  • phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Fri, Apr 6 2012 9:46 AM

Oldbayrunner:

Most of the people I have played with that blame the meter are using the fastest swing clubs and I feel they just don't want to admit, oops I missed it. If mine does start to get more choppy then I use the Flash player global settings during the game to delete the data and it usually smooths out to a better degree. To me half the fun of the game is figuring out how to effectively get out of the situations you put yourself in, just as in real golf.

Couldn't agree more Walt, with an exception thrown in there.  I have tried all speeds of clubs on meter speeds, but what I have found about my timing is that the slower clubs tend to make me err more.  I think it has a lot to do with reaction speed and anticipation more than anything.   I clear my cache daily before I play.  I still see meter stutter, and erratic meter but I have taught myself how to just let it go and set the shot up again.

I rented the G20's this weekend and found that themeter is just too slow for me.  I guess I am used to the speed of the burner 2.0.  I eagerly await level 90 so I can get the Rdeuces.

Leo

• Rightin
    1,248 Posts
    Fri, Apr 6 2012 10:27 AM

Hummm,  Was it? Our wasn't it?  I have to agree with, it was me. Hey! when I'm in a bad mood, blaming WGT for my bad shot is SO easy.  Of course I am my own worst enemy during this game. I come here to clear the mind, but at times it just seems to fall upon my game. 

This game is kind of chiller for me (relaxes), but many times it brings back Old memories of the Thrilla in Manilla, as the brain and finger start battling against each other.  Sheesh, at 63 you'd think I'd be wise enough to throw in the towel, but Nope, there's always that one shot that brings me back for more.  Love this game, meter issues are no worse than where my mind will take them.  I have little of both.....but still seem to find, humor is sometimes my best friend, and a good remedy.........I play on.

• TrufflIE
    524 Posts
    Fri, Apr 6 2012 10:56 AM

esssy:

TrufflIE:

esssy:

lol ok how many games did it take to get 30 score lol

single play, so... 1 lol

It was in an Ready Go.

xD

total BS on your behalf truffie you have not been getting 30 score all the time,,,,your a tour master and your not legend SO WAS YOUR POINT BEFORE nothing lol

maybe not ALL the time, but I have my moments ;)

04.03.12   St Andrews Front 9 Ready Go Front 9   All Players  30
    04.03.12 The Worm Burner Open All Players       135.34
    04.03.12 St Andrews Links: The Old Course Back 9 Tour Master 32
    04.02.12 Wk 14 Free Multiround Open Front 9 Tour Master 29
    04.02.12 Tour Master Congressional Back 9 Ready Go Back 9 Tour Master 31
    04.02.12 Congressional C.C. Back 9 Tour Master 32

• unipet
    14 Posts
    Fri, Apr 6 2012 11:06 AM

I feel the same about getting worse. Why? Don't tell me I have to work thru those periods.

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Fri, Apr 6 2012 11:16 AM

esssy:

total BS on your behalf truffie you have not been getting 30 score all the time,,,,your a tour master and your not legend SO WAS YOUR POINT BEFORE nothing lol

maybe not ALL the time, but I have my moments ;)

04.03.12   St Andrews Front 9 Ready Go Front 9   All Players  30
    04.03.12 The Worm Burner Open All Players       135.34
    04.03.12 St Andrews Links: The Old Course Back 9 Tour Master 32
    04.02.12 Wk 14 Free Multiround Open Front 9 Tour Master 29
    04.02.12 Tour Master Congressional Back 9 Ready Go Back 9 Tour Master 31
    04.02.12 Congressional C.C. Back 9 Tour Master 32

Keep putting  scores like that up and you will be Legend before the month is out. nice shooting  Oh, BTW, Legend is just a title that is respectably earned, you don't HAVE to be a legend to score well, just makes it look better to those that love the game and makes one feel better about themselves.

• peoch
    1,127 Posts
    Fri, Apr 6 2012 12:20 PM

spot on yankee jim lol

• gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Fri, Apr 6 2012 11:39 PM

YankeeJim:
    He didn't say he was, either. He alluded to the standards part of the OP. And so what he's a TM. I'll bet he never shot 77 for 9 holes.

LOL, YJ! I first played WGT in early '09, and got so so frustrated at short game/putting that, after less than a week of play, I left and didn't return for another year! And I'm fairly certain that sometime during that stressful initial week I likely scored somewhere north of 77 for 9 holes.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Apr 7 2012 5:18 AM

gr8flbob:
    And I'm fairly certain that sometime during that stressful initial week I likely scored somewhere north of 77 for 9 holes.

LOL. Totally understandable, Bob, most of us probably have during the learning process. The problem here is the guy mocking is a Legend. :-)

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/95816.aspx

RSS