Forums

Help › Forums

New Member of WGT

Wed, Mar 10 2010 1:57 PM (4 replies)
  • HeadonG
    1 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 8:08 AM

Hi, my name is Greg and I have been on the site for a short while, and of course, I am super frustrated by now because my putting and chipping are so terrible that is starting to make me not golf very much. I don't have any money to purchase clubs or putters, so I am just trying to enjoy the site for now...again, the way I putt and chip--makes the experience not as enjoyable as I would like it to be. I understand how to putt and chip but I just am not able to execute as of yet. So, I am finding myself only at WGT when there is nothing else to do, and that is not very often. I would like to golf some more but with the constant three putt after a good drive and iron--it's super frustrating...but not unlike real life...

• DeerRun
    230 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 11:37 AM

Welcome to WGT.  Don't feel bad chipping and putting is the worst part of my game.

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 11:45 AM

Welcome to WGT, HeadonG!  You might want to check out these putting and chip and pitch shot tips.

Good luck!

• StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 12:34 PM

Headon,

Hit me up for a practice match sometime. It was done for me by guys like yankeejim and others. We could play a round for fun and use the chat function for you asking questions and me offering advice. I would be glad to try and show you a few things. I will send you a friend request and if you want to, we could try it.

StrangeMagic

• ghettocop1
    259 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 1:57 PM
    Welcome Headon. Keep at it and you are bound to improve. While you are trying, just enjoy the scenery and course conditions. I agree with your frustration regarding chipping. Just when you think you know how to do it, all of a sudden your methods no longer work. I was quite frustrated and angry today.
RSS