Forums

Help › Forums

LOST BALLS?

Tue, Apr 24 2012 6:29 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • sandbartimmy
    5 Posts
    Mon, Apr 16 2012 5:11 PM

I realize that in real life you sometimes lose a ball no matter how much you search. However, I had a meter problem and lost THREE balls after just purchasing a refill. You can't tell me that in real life you would not be able to find a few errant shots. This has really made me wonder if I want to continue....Believe WGT should be refunding when you lose more than one ball on same hole...well??

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Mon, Apr 16 2012 9:34 PM

Most meter problems are caused by your own PC so it's hardly fair to expect WGT to replace the balls. There are lots of tips on here on how to make your PC work better with the game, including a couple of downloads and regular disc scans and cache clearing.

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Mon, Apr 16 2012 9:40 PM

It can be very annoying when you lose a ball with plenty of life left in it, especially when it goes 2 yards out of bounds and you know in real life you could just pick it up no problem.

It's how the game is programmed though and we just have to live with it.  And balls bought in the pro shop probably provide WGT with most of it's income so I doubt it's going to change any time.  I'm OK with it, I haven't had any screw ups that have cost me more than 2 balls a round and at the end of the day WGT is a business and has to make money. 

I can see how losing 3 in a few shots would stretch your nerves though.  A while back people were finding balls now and then, this feature seems to have gone though.

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Mon, Apr 16 2012 9:41 PM

Ruddy hell, you're up and about early Piz!

• WinGolfTour
    12 Posts
    Tue, Apr 17 2012 6:50 AM

i agree sandbar.....

• Allen63
    364 Posts
    Tue, Apr 17 2012 8:22 AM

I never lose my balls. When I need them, I just go get them out of my wife's purse.

• pearlhr41
    12 Posts
    Mon, Apr 23 2012 10:40 PM

I must admit, that if I CLEAN the SMOKE from the MIRROR that it might help.  Most of it has to do with the cache from the server.  I often logout to clear server allocation and then relog on.  Works about 87% of the time.

• Sabrinus
    37 Posts
    Tue, Apr 24 2012 4:47 AM

......it's hardly fair to expect WGT to replace the balls.

I can understand that view point, as they need some dosh to keep this game going, but at least if you replace a lost ball, there should be some kind of discount, rather then loose all yer credits on naff shots.

I have stopped using the balls because of this issue, am not that good a player, and like to have some fun, I think thats the idea of this whole game which it does provide, but I dont want to constantly be buying new 'virtual' balls that in real life I woulid not.

Also the length and durability of the balls should be examined, as they dont last long at all. But still, all said a fun game to play between my conference calls :-)

• hanssd1
    53 Posts
    Tue, Apr 24 2012 10:36 AM

Why shouldn't they replace the balls?---We are paying for a service. It is not everyone's computer at fault.

• PAGES
RSS