Forums

Help › Forums

Reducing / Eliminating Meter Stutter and Jumping

Tue, Apr 24 2012 6:34 PM (22 replies)
  • ADYTHEGOLFPRO
    291 Posts
    Mon, Apr 16 2012 7:24 PM

1. Don't run www.wgt.com in the background. If you really need to, make sure you select Invites in the left hand column BEFORE you start playing, or the Friends list updating will slow your game down and causes occasional meter stutters and jumps (not to mention slower loading of courses and scorecards, etc.)

2. Don't run other programs in the background, such as Spotify or other memory-hogging software, unless you have a very powerful computer AND high-speed Broadband (even then, minimise the amount of programs.)

3. (a) Use a WIRED mouse, not a Wireless on. (b) Make sure it is one that is very responsive and comfortable to use.

4. Keep both your Mouse and your Mouse Mat very clean.

5. Download your latest graphics and sound driver updates.

6. Switch from IE as your browser to play on, if you are using it, and try Comodo Dragon, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.

7. Download the latest Flash Players for the browser(s) you use to play WGT with (go to http://www.filehippo.com to find the very latest versions for free download.)

and 8., as below, do not play with Dial-Up Internet or Wireless Broadband.

• TheTigerEye
    259 Posts
    Mon, Apr 16 2012 7:42 PM

Get a connection like mine and use Google incognito, Internet Explorer InPrivate, or whatever its called for your browser.

Dont download 100 HD movies at the same time your playing. 

Don't play it with wireless internet or dial up.

Prepare your brain for dinging the shot before you take the shot :) 

• ADYTHEGOLFPRO
    291 Posts
    Mon, Apr 16 2012 8:00 PM

I've added quite a few more tips to my post since you replied, TheTigerEye.

• GolfDum
    396 Posts
    Mon, Apr 16 2012 9:21 PM

esssy:
    i run www.wgt.com in the back ground every time and it seems very fine this dont cause metering other media causes stutters and the best thing is to do clear your history a few times and clean out the adobe flash as well just write in how do i clean my adobe flash and marcomedia adobe flash should come up and the box to delete sites from the flash.

Not trying to start an argument but you singled out several players on this site and claimed there's no way they had perfect meters. One of said players has videos posted and you again claimed there was no way in hell his meter could be that good. You even hinted at the fact that said player was not playing fairly because of this "fact". Yet you leave things open in the background, hogging memory and wonder why your meter stutters.

Are you really on dial up? if so, that explains the huge issues you have without a doubt.

A wireless mouse WILL cause issues. I suggest a good gaming mouse.

Again, please don't take this as argumentive, I'm simply pointing out facts.

Hopefully, you can alleviate those issues. Maybe dial up is the only thing you can get where you live.....Been there before but the background apps and the mouse, you could help.

Good Luck!

-GD

• H8tank
    14 Posts
    Wed, Apr 18 2012 11:02 PM

I can't imagine playing this on dial-up, you must be thinking dsl is dialup.

Graphic cards matter, a weaker card will not play as good as a dedicated 3d card.  I have two identical systems, one has a plain VGA, 12MB DL and SSD, another is platter drive with high end gaming card and 3MB DL, the gaming card is much smoother.

• Jayne27
    582 Posts
    Thu, Apr 19 2012 3:10 AM

The spec of your computer and the speed of your broadband connection will have a huge impact on the smooth running of this game.

You cannot run this game using a dialup connection.

You will struggle with a wireless Internet connection.

You need a wired mouse for best results.

Reduce the number of apps running when playing. (Including AV software)

Make sure you have the latest version of Flash and clear your cache regularly.

Make sure you use the best computer you can with at least 3GB Ram and a dedicated graphics card.

• manabouttown11
    573 Posts
    Thu, Apr 19 2012 3:28 AM

I use a wireless internet connection and have no meter problems at all. I get the occasional drop out but not very often.

• 8buster8
    649 Posts
    Thu, Apr 19 2012 3:42 AM

cleaning up my startup settings has fixed my meter entirely.  

However, something quite simple can still ruin it.  Playing in "normal" full screen mode is almost impossible.  If I go to "super" full screen mode > F-11 key > my meter is perfect.  I can test the quality of the meter  bouncing back & forth between these views and get a rotten/perfect meter every time.

• ADYTHEGOLFPRO
    291 Posts
    Thu, Apr 19 2012 4:38 AM

2GB Ram is more than enough, unless you are keeping more than one large or two medium sized programs open at the same time.

RSS