Forums

Help › Forums

Reducing / Eliminating Meter Stutter and Jumping

Tue, Apr 24 2012 6:34 PM (22 replies)
  • Jayne27
    582 Posts
    Thu, Apr 19 2012 4:51 AM

ADYTHEGOLFPRO:

2GB Ram is more than enough, unless you are keeping more than one large or two medium sized programs open at the same time.

I don't agree, however it largely depends on your operating system. Windows 7 recommends a MINIMUM requirement of 1GB (32 bit) or 2GB (64 bit). That's just for the OS before you run anything else on top.

• ADYTHEGOLFPRO
    291 Posts
    Thu, Apr 19 2012 4:56 AM

Yes, that may be true for 64-Bit, but 2GB is fine for 32-Bit.

• Jayne27
    582 Posts
    Thu, Apr 19 2012 5:15 AM

ADYTHEGOLFPRO:

Yes, that may be true for 64-Bit, but 2GB is fine for 32-Bit.

You go your way and I'll go mine. I rarely get any meter glitches so I'll stick with what I know works for me. You should always have the most RAM your system supports, it's the easiest and cheapest way to improve hardware performance.

• ADYTHEGOLFPRO
    291 Posts
    Thu, Apr 19 2012 5:34 AM

To be fair, I am an expert at Windows optimisation, so I get my computer running quite a lot faster than most can.

For those with less powerful computers, or want to minimise meter stutter, I highly recommend System Mechanic 10 and Auslogics Boostspeed.

• Steve442
    710 Posts
    Thu, Apr 19 2012 5:53 AM

ADYTHEGOLFPRO:
    To be fair, I am an expert at Windows optimisation, so I get my computer running quite a lot faster than most can.

Really? You think so?

"No discussion of how to make Windows run faster would be complete without mentioning that you should consider adding more random access memory (RAM) to your PC.

If a computer running Windows 7 seems too slow, it's usually because the PC doesn't have enough RAM. The best way to speed it up is to add more.

Windows 7 can run on a PC with 1 gigabyte (GB) of RAM, but it runs better with 2 GB. For optimal performance, boost that to 3 GB or more."

Source: Microsoft website.

• ADYTHEGOLFPRO
    291 Posts
    Thu, Apr 19 2012 5:59 AM

Optimizing Your WGT Experience 

PoorPoorFairFairAverageAverageGoodGoodExcellentExcellent
    01-07-2009 10:05 AM by WGTalex. 0 replies.
    • WGTalex United States
      2,087 Posts
      01-07-2009 10:05 AM

To ensure the best experience possible while playing WGT, please be sure you meet our minimum system requirements, and take the following steps to optimize your system.

Minimum System Requirements

• Flash version 10 or newer. Download the Flash Player here .
      • DSL-speed internet connection or faster
      • 2GHz Pentium 4 processor or faster
      • 1GB RAM or higher, preferably 2GB RAM or higher
      • 1024 x 768 screen resolution, preferably 1280 x 800 or higher. Click here for quick instructions on how to change your screen resolution.

Systems not meeting the recommended requirements may experience the occasional swing meter stutter or hesitation.

-----

Yes, 3GB memory or above is ideal, but not everyone has it, or can afford it, or knows how to install it.

• sardono
    114 Posts
    Thu, Apr 19 2012 6:51 AM

Well, I can't say I agree with everything said here. I have 2 systems I play on the most, both thru the same 10/1mb cable internet connection, 1 is hard wired the other is wireless. Both run 64bit vista home premium. I have 1ea win 32 bit xp 2.0 ghz amd x2 opteron 2.5gig ddr and a win7 64bit 2.0 ghz amd x2 opteron 3gig ddr machines here, that play the game just fine also. All my desktops were built by me and were not top of the line when I built them.

I used comodo dragon as my browser for playing this game and nothing else.

System 1 is a 3.0 ghz core2quad intel with 8gig ram, and a nivdia gtx260 graphics card, hard wired internet and mouse. I play on this system every night, have 8-10 apps that use the cpu, memory, and internet heavily, along with 2 video feeds, open and running at all times. It runs these apps 24/5 though out the week, gets rebooted on the weekend. It does have a fast 640gb WD black hard drive. It is also a server to 3 other computers in this house, 1 hard wired 2 wireless. And I skype on it when playing without problems. I built this machine for multi tasking 4 years ago.

When this system gets a laggy meter I flush out the flash and browser and continue on.

System 2 is a 2.4 ghz core2duo intel 6gig memory, HP laptop (hdx 16-1160us) has a slower 5400rpm hard drive. Is wireless thru a linksys 54g router, with a wireless mouse. It does have a dedicated nvida 9600m 512mb video card. When playing on this, I don't run apps in the background, but do have a spreadsheet open from my main system wireless. I can run skype at the same time as the game without problems.

When this system gets a laggy meter I flush out the flash and browser and continue on.

I will get metered on both systems a few times a week, I can live with that.

I have read countless threads on this and see the following things consistently on systems that don't seem to have the buggy meter problem.

1 - A dedicated browser set up just to play this game.

2 - memory, the more the better

3- a dedicated graphics card with >256mb of memory, the more and the faster the memory the better.

I have played the game on friends computers that were bought, most will play the game without problems. If I encountered problems on those machines, just adding the dedicated browser fixed 80-90% of them to be playable.

This is just to point out how different these 4 systems, and the bought systems are but most if not all will play this game just fine.

• TheTigerEye
    259 Posts
    Thu, Apr 19 2012 7:52 AM

Do like me and you will never have a problem...

Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. (Labtop)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz ( Intel® Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz)

Memory: 8144MB RAM

Hard Drive: 640 GB Kingston Sata-III

Video Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 580M 2GB

Mouse: Logitech HID-compliant G9x Laser Mouse

Mouse Surface: Steelseries QcK+ AS Gaming

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Service Pack 1

MY INTERNET:

• sardono
    114 Posts
    Thu, Apr 19 2012 7:59 AM

TheTigerEye:

Do like me and you will never have a problem...

Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. (Labtop)

MY INTERNET:

Very nice machine .... you do realize that your internet connection is probably 2-4 times faster than the connection the WGT servers have .... lol

• TheTigerEye
    259 Posts
    Thu, Apr 19 2012 8:29 AM

Lol yea, 

RSS