Forums

Help › Forums

newcomer introduction

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 31 2010 2:11 AM (25 replies)
  • rehill
    431 Posts
    Thu, Mar 25 2010 5:17 PM
    Hi, my names Jordan. I created this account about a year ago, but just started playing. I love it.
  • PorkyWalrus
    607 Posts
    Thu, Mar 25 2010 5:26 PM

Yup and welcome. This sure is a lot of fun!

Greg.

• AkosP
    1 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 1:56 PM

Hello everyone! Just saw this listed on a blog site and thought I would check it out. Am still learning as well but I've played enough PS3 to be familiar with the interface. I would love to play in some groups for practice and challenges as I learn more.

• robke999
    4 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 3:11 PM

Joined a couple of days ago..quite addictive !! :)

When can you buy equipment and how do you get to become amateur/pro etc ??

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 3:56 PM

You can buy equipment at any time by buying credits & you advance in tiers by lowering your average stroke-play score.

• robke999
    4 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 4:16 PM

thankyou.... Do you need to be a certain level to buy the equipment ??

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 4:43 PM

Some equipment is only for the Pro (or higher) tier, and some only for the Master tier. Take a look at the FAQs to the right ====>>>, lots of interesting questions answered there.  

• BadKarma2
    6 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 8:35 PM

New comer here. Very cool game. Very realistic. Still trying to get the hand /eye thing to where I'm not looking for the balls in the rough. ;-)  

• JusMike
    1 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2010 7:04 AM

Hello everyone! I'm Michael from Philippines. Just joined the game. Finally, a better looking and realistic golf game. I'll bet this will be THE game! Invite me to your tourneys. Thanks!

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2010 7:15 AM

Read the FAQ's, there is a lot of valuable tips in there, its not just there so members dont have to answer the same questions over and over, there is really good stuff in there, i.e. putting tips, chip/pitch tips, how to create match play games, etc.

As you will come to see from playing this game, trying to advance tiers before you are ready will only discourage the player.  There are some ridiculously good players here, and to try to advance to master tier too fast will put you directly up against them in tournaments.

Practice (literally Practice, not ranked, practice rounds), post all your scores and you will move up at the pace you are intended to.

You can win free credits in the weekly tournaments, they payouts are not nearly as large as the paying tournaments though.  You can also deposit money $1=100 credits to buy better equipment which can make the game more enjoyable for some.  If you dont want to spend $, you can always play for free with starter clubs.  Enjoy

RSS