Re: Rapture V2 Set Bugs

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 15 2009 7:08 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Jul 15 2009 5:44 PM

tibbets:
    Sure, however the Tour Starter set has .5 out of 5 less forgiveness and a .5 out of 5 faster meter for nearly 1/5th the price.

OK, there's also the (slightly) increased distance, and especially the spin. I find that the ability to spin the ball right makes a huge difference; otherwise my approach shots tend to fly all over the greens and beyond.  

I played many rounds with the Tour Starter irons, and now also with the Rapture irons, and I find the difference between the two is huge. Seems to justify the difference in price.

tibbets:
    Why would a Hack+ set cost nearly 30% more than the Pro+ sets?

Perhaps because it is especially suited for a casual player like myself? It allows even players with less than magnificent skills to shoot great scores; what they lack in skill, they must pay for with credits.    Master players for whom great precision of every shot is crucial, and not just reaching & staying on the green, would perhaps tend to be disappointed with these clubs, like you are.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Wed, Jul 15 2009 6:13 PM

Enough with playing Devil's Advocate, Faterson.  There are no golf clubs suited for beginners that are more expensive than sets suited for Pro players.  End of story.

If you wish, you can peruse the Golfsmith.com catalog and see for yourself. 

Back to the original topic, which is for WGT.  For that kind of money, I expected a set of clubs with at least the same consistency as the Tour Starters.  Couple the inconsistency and price with the fact that the attributes are different than the graphic showed when I bought the clubs,  and I find myself very disappointed.

• MElli22631
    32 Posts
    Wed, Jul 15 2009 6:23 PM

Maybe thats the idea Tibbets - a high revenue opportunity since these would be purchased by the lower level players wanting more distance and spin but not meter speed?

I agree - better clubs cost more, these seem out of line with how real clubs are sold. Just a thought.

• GSpinks1962
    106 Posts
    Wed, Jul 15 2009 6:27 PM

I agree...  I bought the Burners and thought i had bought the wrong clubs because of the cost alone. i should have pisd more attention. I then bought the Pings and played two rounds with them and went back to the Burners. $30 wasted...

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Jul 15 2009 7:08 PM

Meanwhile.. those of us who don't have to have all the latest and newest... buying new stuff just for new stuff's sake... are sitting back and waiting for all of this to shake out to see which is the better set for our needs.

And we thank you, oh you buyers and testers of everything new, so we don't have to.

Cheers!

• PAGES
RSS