Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Last update

Fri, Nov 17 2023 9:51 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Jimmo57
    2 Posts
    Tue, Nov 14 2023 11:21 AM

I've had my account for 7+ years and running fine on a Samsung Galaxy S7 (yes I know it's old).  Last update won't install, won't let me open the game.  Says device not supported.  Can't afford new phone, and this one is fine.  If a new phone is only way to play the game, I guess I'll let my account go stale and let my country club go on without me, or just kill it.  Not a fan of playing on PC.

Member since 2016.  Level 102.  Owner of Over-the-Hill-Duffers country club.

• AlaskanDame
    18,973 Posts
    Tue, Nov 14 2023 3:32 PM

Jimmo57:

I've had my account for 7+ years and running fine on a Samsung Galaxy S7 (yes I know it's old).  Last update won't install, won't let me open the game.  Says device not supported.  Can't afford new phone, and this one is fine.  If a new phone is only way to play the game, I guess I'll let my account go stale and let my country club go on without me, or just kill it.  Not a fan of playing on PC.

Member since 2016.  Level 102.  Owner of Over-the-Hill-Duffers country club.

It looks like you have a whole lot of inactive members, but you could hand off your club to one of the active ones and see if they want to be a more active owner.

• ScottHope
    10,095 Posts
    Wed, Nov 15 2023 1:06 AM

According to my research, WGT should run on Android 5.1 and up, and Samsung's Galaxy S7 was released with Android 6, upgradable to Android 8.

Have you tried deleting the WGT app and reinstalling it?

⇩ EDIT : Okay Jimmo, glad to hear you're up and running again.  ; ) ⇩

• Jimmo57
    2 Posts
    Fri, Nov 17 2023 9:51 AM

Thanks Scott.  Re-install did the trick.  First time I've had to do that.  Hope it's not a regular thing.  Re-install makes you re-select all your game prefs.  Android 8 on my phone.

• PAGES
RSS