Help › Forums

pc or laptop

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 9 2012 11:46 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • creamer444
    783 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 6:30 AM

hi e1 im getting a lot of meeter issues the now im on a laptop a good 1 at that on google chrome these meeter issues r starting 2 annoy me now i heard its better playing this on a pc rather a laptop? im in scotland the far north if that helps maybe its because im miles from wgt base so the signal takes ages 2 get 2 me any help on getting me a smoathe meeter is appreciated it does go smoathe sometimes when it does its nite and day to jumping  plz plz could you help ty e1 tys.

• BustaSpliff
    417 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 7:08 AM

its a wgt error mate but nothings ever done. suppose they not makeing enuff  money,as the server also isnt big enuff .. wish i had some money too help them out,with all problems they have on here.. :(

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 7:16 AM

Post your laptop model and what version of windows you are using and I can give you a better answer. 

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 7:27 AM

The speed of the internet line should not be an issue:

I played on ISDN (64 kB/s) lately, long waiting for new screens after each shot but the meter was smooth as baby skin.

• creamer444
    783 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 7:41 AM

ty guys for the replys much appreciated   bare with me im not good with computers i no its windows 7 it has a intel i3 whatever that is and its a hp model g62 think its about 3 years old guys i dont run nothing else when playing this game  ty for trying 2 help me here much appreciated tys.

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 7:50 AM

creamer444:

hi e1 im getting a lot of meeter issues the now im on a laptop a good 1 at that on google chrome these meeter issues r starting 2 annoy me now i heard its better playing this on a pc rather a laptop? im in scotland the far north if that helps maybe its because im miles from wgt base so the signal takes ages 2 get 2 me any help on getting me a smoathe meeter is appreciated it does go smoathe sometimes when it does its nite and day to jumping  plz plz could you help ty e1 tys.

Seems to be more down to luck than hardware. I have the same meter issues on my 7 year old laptop with Win XP as I have on my brand new monster PC with Win 7. They probably appear more often and more brutal on the laptop, but that machine has a lot of other crap on it, the big tower runs nothing but clean Windows 7 + Flash and Chrome

At periods when meter is jumpy, nothing would help, emptying cache, restarting, cursing, all in vain. Then the next time it works. Annoying 

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 7:59 AM

i run WGT off my 17 " laptop .. no problems .. and mysetup is sower than yours .. u've got the i3 processor which is faster than my duocore processor .. u should not really have problems, unless u've got a lot of background programs running while u are playing ..

i've got a lot of large memory hungry programs on my laptop, but i use GameBooster which improves my performance with around 42% while playing WGT, so hardly ever any mtr issues here ..

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 8:27 AM

Is THIS your laptop?

You really should not be having hardware issues with that.

Do check what is running in the background as that will suck up CPU and RAM.

Because the problem is intermittent, it would point to a network loading issue. The only way to get around that is to slow down your play.

EG.

Select aim, club, spin, etc.  and then wait about 5 seconds.

Pause at the top of your back swing as long as you can.

This allows the information to be sent to the WGT servers and return before your swing so you are not receiving packets during the stroke.

• creamer444
    783 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 9:38 AM

ty e1 who was involved in this meeter operation lol tys its so so much appreciated ty e1 may the meeters be with us ty all.

• pUGfANmn
    436 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 10:31 AM

Game Boost is something I started using and definitely noticed that there was an improvement.  Someone said that it was going to be a paid version after June 30th, but I looked today and it's still a free download.

One other thing, if you're willing to shell out a little bit of cash, you can get Advanced System Care (AVS) - it does much more than Game Boost, including system cleanups, scans for malware, etc.  The basic version is free, but to get full features, you'll have to pay for the upgrade.

I've been using a laptop at home (Win 7 i5) and a desktop at work (Win XP, Intel Dual Core) and I don't see much of a difference.

• PAGES
RSS