Forums

Help › Forums

SWING METER

Mon, Jul 23 2012 3:41 AM (20 replies)
  • lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2012 10:35 PM

I have tried everything to get away from the swing meter glitch. Dumped everything, cleared everything, downloaded older version of flash and nothing seems to work. Am using Firefox latest version but nothing seems to work. From the moment that I start playing, the meter, goes ballistic, from tee to green. Any suggestions will be very much appreciated. Thanks.

• Santiago124
    157 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2012 11:04 PM

Hey Mate..

Seriously reconsider using Chrome... for me this is the best browser out there and it synchs with WGT better than any other browser ...give it a try and evaluate for yourself but I a m almost certain of a better experience.  Goodluck...

• JAMESBALDINI
    266 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2012 12:30 AM

Like the first guy said use google chrome.Also if you don't have free game booster free to download look it up at www.download.com.This helps me out alot

james

• spaceghost88
    1,624 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2012 2:48 AM

best advise ive had yet is when swinging hold at power for 2-3 sec before release that works very well for me i tryied all others game boost and all , but that was best holding swing at power, and also turn off all unneeded options at game options menu reflections, camera  pan, distance markers etc... good luck player !!

JDO

• DoctorEagle
    1,312 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2012 4:55 AM

Maybe chrome supports all the advertising better ;)

Was having major issues w/ Firefox. It looked like it wasn't working at all as if the allow flash player content/switch somehow got turned off. For example, where I'd normally see a game that uses flash is just a blank screen.

Turns out I needed to install updates from Firefox, not just the new flash from adobe. I started using Firefox just recently so this was new to me... Never had that issue w/ IE. Not sure if that helps...

• cpatterson22
    257 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2012 7:54 AM

No. I will never ever ever use chrome. Google needs to piss off, they're getting incredibly greedy.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2012 8:55 AM

cpatterson22:

No. I will never ever ever use chrome. Google needs to piss off, they're getting incredibly greedy.

Unlike Microsoft?

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2012 9:55 AM

cpatterson22:
    Cutting your nose off to spite ya face..Wierd..You get a possible solution and dismiss it ?..ok GL..Andy

• mda201
    161 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2012 10:08 AM

This may sound strange but it worked for me.

1) Turn off the loop (right mouse button - loop)

2) Low quality - i know it not as pretty but that's the trade off

3) When you press play and the window pops up, don't make it bigger.

I used to fill the entire screen (by making the window bigger) and this made the meter very jumpy. Couldn't play matchplay, A/S at all. I never have the problem if I leave the window at the size it pops up at.

It may be that the computer slows down by having to recalculate the images to fit the screen whereas if you left it alone there would be no speed issue.

Just a thought - try it.

Mark

• gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2012 3:41 PM

mda201:

This may sound strange but it worked for me.

1) Turn off the loop (right mouse button - loop)

2) Low quality - i know it not as pretty but that's the trade off

3) When you press play and the window pops up, don't make it bigger.

I used to fill the entire screen (by making the window bigger) and this made the meter very jumpy. Couldn't play matchplay, A/S at all. I never have the problem if I leave the window at the size it pops up at.

It may be that the computer slows down by having to recalculate the images to fit the screen whereas if you left it alone there would be no speed issue.

Just a thought - try it.

Mark

lol, Mark - different strokes for different folks.

I play the game in Komodo Dragon (a secure version of Chrome) and WGT is the ONLY thing running in KD when playing - IOW, no other tabs or KD windows open. For other activity I use Chrome or Firefox.

I play with screen maximized - not using the full screen button in upper left of window, but rather the maximize button in lower right  of the playing window (next to the speaker icon). I DO THIS BECAUSE IT GIVES ME VERY CONSISTENT METER LENGTHS - please note that the meter length and positions are slightly different for your putter vs. all the other clubs in your bag.

In the MENU/OPTIONS list I turn off: WGT lessons, camera pans, reflections, hole info display, flag animation, end-of-game messages, and putter pal - everything else I leave on, with Flash quality set to HIGH.

When playing WGT, I have GameBooster installed and turned on.

I maintain a very short list of WGT friends (20 max), since every time one of your WGT friends changes status a signal is injected into the game window - if that happens during your downswing you WILL get a glitch.

Before the first game of the day, I clear cache, download, and browsing history by hitting CTRL-SHIFT-DEL in a newly opened tab of my game window - then I close the extra tab.

I am quite happy with the playing conditions that result - I never blame WGT for a bad shot, because I know it was crappy execution on my part, or (frequently) a stupid shot or club selection.

RSS