Forums

Help › Forums

EVERYONE misses cut at 4 round Tourney Glitch...REALLY??

Thu, Oct 3 2013 5:12 PM (60 replies)
  • BrickHands
    226 Posts
    Tue, Jul 24 2012 9:55 AM

At Rock and Roll Rasta CC, our president (John) GUITARDUDE set up a tourney titled "KOOR tourney for Rasta cheapskates" for 10 credit entry fee and we had at least 10 sign up to play. There were cut lines after each round, with the cut line at "70% + ties" for the end of the third round. When the time for the 3rd round expired on 7/14/2012, it listed all entrants as MC (missed cut) including me who was leading. How can I be leading and be a MC in this scenario? I know the money is small, but it is wrong to just close the tourney and take our credits. Please explain what happened and pay off please. It's the right thing to do. You obviously had a technical glitch.

BrickHands

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Jul 24 2012 11:43 AM

hi

it seems you did not post 4th round score so it disqualified you.

-wgticon

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Jul 24 2012 10:52 PM

How can they score in the fourth round if they are all marked "MC" after the third?

Hopefully the OP can post a pic of the scorecard showing the facts.

This probably fits into my observations here.

Edit:

The leaderboard is accessible through Brick's score history. He was the only player to post a valid score in the third round and was subsequently excluded from the fourth by MC.

IMHO this is another indication of the programming fault which excludes the ties with the cut line rather than letting them play on.

Special outcome here that "the last man standing" was excluded and the tournament purse forfeited, which certainly is not correct by WGT.

IMO the purse should be payed to Brick, or the fees should be payed back to all entrants, including those not shown on the leaderboard because they may have withdrawn or not played in the first round.

Who they are? We can't tell but WGT hopefully can.

WGT gives me a strong point that transparency has been lost due to the modification to show first round WDs and NPs as "not entered".

• BrickHands
    226 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2012 3:44 AM

You did not read my post correctly. AS I STATED...after the 3rd round it listed everyone as MC...THEREFORE we could not play or post a score for the 4th round. Come on man...let's dig a little deeper to solve the problem...you ask us to let you know about a bug, and when we do, and you go into defense mode and you try to make us look as though we are idiots...come on man.

BrickHands

• BrickHands
    226 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2012 3:58 AM

WGTicon:

hi

it seems you did not post 4th round score so it disqualified you.

-wgticon

" When the time for the 3rd round expired on 7/14/2012, it listed all entrants as MC (missed cut) "

As stated above, we never got the chance to play a 4th round as it DQ'ed us/me when the time for the third round expired. You ask us to make you aware of bugs, and when we do, you go into 'defend the program' mode instead of digging into the problem. This is the first time I have never posted anything here and have done so here because I am sure this is not the only time this has occurred...and I wanted to make you aware. If you really want to 'do the right thing' here, you will at least make an effort to absolve the issue instead of making it look likeI am an idiot that would actually complain simply because I failed to post a 4th round score...especiallysince I clearly explained to you tha e were DQ'ed with the MC (after I did indeed play the 3rd round) which did not ALLOW me to play the 4th round.

Let' say that you were correct (which you are not) and no one played the 4th round due to some fault of their own...are you legitimately trying to tell me that NO ONE is entitled to the purse credits AND that WGT should retain all of the credits? REALLY? On what planet does this make sense?

Come on man....let's make an effort here....

Brickhands

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2012 8:49 AM

BrickHands:

You did not read my post correctly. AS I STATED...after the 3rd round it listed everyone as MC...THEREFORE we could not play or post a score for the 4th round. Come on man...let's dig a little deeper to solve the problem...you ask us to let you know about a bug, and when we do, and you go into defense mode and you try to make us look as though we are idiots...come on man.

BrickHands

Hi

That's fine but I want to know that I did not go into defensive. I want to solve this. This was the theory I was given when I checked with engineers on how it works.

I'll follow up with them today to see if anything changes.

-wgticon

• BrickHands
    226 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2012 10:07 AM

OK...thanks for trying to make something happen.

• TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2012 11:13 AM

I set one of those up last week and it worked perfectly. I really liked it too. Gonna set some more of those bad boys up in the near future. Hope they get you straightened out Brick.

• BrickHands
    226 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2012 5:10 PM

Thanks T...all of our other ones have worked well also...this is the only one with percentages of folks that make the cut...wonder if that has anything to do with it. Hit em well!

• labordayk
    389 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2012 7:57 PM

Frankly, I don't see much point or purpose to having a cut in tourneys here, anyway.  On the PGA tour, it's necessary to make things more manageable for the weekends, but here at WGT, where everyone can play at the same time, it just isn't needed.

Not that I'd want to get rid of it, for those who want it for some reason, but with it possibly screwing up, I think it'd be prudent not to use a cut at all, especially in premium tournaments.

RSS