Forums

Help › Forums

New Tour Legend tier.

Mon, Sep 3 2012 6:10 PM (94 replies)
  • lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Fri, Aug 3 2012 8:58 AM

Agree completely, Yankee Jim. I'm not shure if i could ever make it to tour legend, or won't to make it. After over 500 hundred round at legend, the game is just not getting fun. As always, the cream will reach the top. Have fun.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Aug 3 2012 9:19 AM

G0LD:

thebigeasy is a perfect example of an exceptional legend who has proven conclusively, in the course of more rounds than I care to count, that he has earned the Tour Legend status

I completely agree mate. :)

& thanks

TBE

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Fri, Aug 3 2012 11:53 AM

I think a new Tier, Tour Legend is a great idea but I think that the qualification for it is somewhat discriminatory.  As a Tour Master, reaching a score of 61 with enough qualifying rounds and you become a Legend.  Now, WGT is requiring all Legends, below 60 or not, to shoot an additional 100 qualifying rounds to determine who will become a Tour Legend.  Sorry, it just doesn't make sense to me. 

There are many Legends that are 60 or below right now, why is the criteria changing all of a sudden for Tier promotion.  Those "Super Legends" as many of us call them have worked their butt off, and gained the knowledge and experience to move into this new Tier already.  Why not just create the Tier, move those who Qualify into it, then have them shoot whatever qualifying rounds they have to in order to establish the hierarchy of the new Tier.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Aug 3 2012 11:56 AM

phiber:
    Those "Super Legends" as many of us call them have worked their butt off, and gained the knowledge and experience to move into this new Tier already.

Not necessarily. There's a slew of under 60 averages that are just feeding the ego of the ones that played extremely easy CC tournaments to get there. I see the 100 rounds as a way to weed out the posers.

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Fri, Aug 3 2012 12:13 PM

Precisely.

Those one-round-wonders deserve to be Tour Legends about as much as Dexy's Midnight Runners deserve to be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

• genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Fri, Aug 3 2012 12:31 PM

phiber:

There are many Legends that are 60 or below right now, why is the criteria changing all of a sudden for Tier promotion.  Those "Super Legends" as many of us call them have worked their butt off, and gained the knowledge and experience to move into this new Tier already.  Why not just create the Tier, move those who Qualify into it, then have them shoot whatever qualifying rounds they have to in order to establish the hierarchy of the new Tier.

You are completely right, I think also that many players should have been promoted directly to this new tier.

However, reading all this thread (and others), I do not really understand all this fuss about this new tier. I mean, 100 rounds that's not that much. Some legends who are playing a lot (like Yoban for example) will get there within a week or so, other legends who play less (like me for example), will get there within a month or so. This means that within few weeks everybody will have played those 100 rounds. So that's not a big deal and certainly doesn't deserve all these discussions.

Of course it opens the way to some legends to avoid to be promoted by posting bad scores during those 100 required rounds. But whatever you will propose, there are always people to try to get advantages of it. But I think those players will be easy to identify.

Regards

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Aug 3 2012 12:38 PM

The thing is (IMO) is for a majority of players under 60, it won't matter...i/e, even myself in the high 50's, I'd have to really tank some rounds to push my average up over 60 again, so those with 55-58 averages that are saturated (i/e could not go up before) will be in the TL Tier, just about no matter what.

In my own case if I average 64 over the next 100 rounds, I'll still be moved.

i/e...a 58 (saturated) avg Legend can shoot 100 rounds averaging 65 and still be at 59.4

The same legend would have to avg 68 over his next 100 rounds to hit a 60 avg.

This assume the previous 400 best rounds are used, plus the 100 new ones.

So, as i mentioned before, the majority of 55-58 avg's will still make TL after 100 rounds.

Of course the sub 55's will too;)

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Aug 3 2012 12:47 PM

extra 100 ranked rounds will stop the below from being catapulted to tour legend.

tm's who just turn legend then save their 1st  27 round beth or andies to get put to a 54avg legend.

that's my take on why the extra 100 ranked rounds have been added.

i'll reach it in my own time.....only another 99 rounds to go lol.

i'm in no hurry to face bollox....dansamcam, genorb or simo in rg's. i could do with a holiday from them for a while at least.

yoban.......when you arrive at the tour legend lounge....put the coffee on for the rest of us arriving later on. :)

tbe

• borntobesting
    9,686 Posts
    Fri, Aug 3 2012 12:51 PM

Think back to when the change took place and many people were vaulted to legend over night. Many were true legends but there were also many who weren't and they complained  a lot about not really being a legend. Maybe this additional 100 rounds is a way to appease those who are border line tour legends. 

• G0LD
    358 Posts
    Fri, Aug 3 2012 3:58 PM

Ah, phiber, at long last, a pleasant echo in these thorny mountains!

RSS