Forums

Help › Forums

Flash 11.4 is being rolled out - need your help

Mon, Oct 8 2012 1:09 AM (66 replies)
  • WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Tue, Aug 21 2012 9:35 AM

More Flash fun and if you are a bit adventurous Adobe has release 11.4 ahead of schedule and WGT has not been able to fully test it yet.  We cannot recommend it yet, however if you have it install please let us know how it is performing.  11.4 is supposed to address all the 11.3 known issues.

The official version is flash player 11.4.402.265 for all browsers

You can check your version here: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

You can get the latest version here:  http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

If on Chrome please type the following into your browser bar:         chrome://plugins/

Chrome users make sure you have 11.4.402.265 enabled and installed.    Disable all other versions of flash player.

• ljbast
    943 Posts
    Tue, Aug 21 2012 9:52 AM

WGTadmin2:
    More Flash fun and if you are a bit adventurous

lol, I'm sure a few will be leary

I'll give it a shot, and report back

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Aug 21 2012 9:58 AM

Now we're talkin'!  WGT with the advance notice. Great move.  :-D

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Tue, Aug 21 2012 10:27 AM

We try

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Tue, Aug 21 2012 11:23 AM

Installed it on IE9, Install was good, able to connect to WGT.com and flash objects were displayed and correct version was reported.

However when trying to log in, after putting in correct user id and password and clicking "remember me" I get this 

I wont try to install it for Chrome or Comodo Dragon unless I can get it to work in IE9.

And YES I do NOT use IE9 except to test something first.

Danny

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Tue, Aug 21 2012 11:23 AM

OK CHROME USERS HOLD ON AND PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!

Here we go again.... This version of Adobe Flash works perfect, Just like all the other versions have as Adobe Flash is NOT the problem. I downloaded this just to check it in Chrome. Along with this Flash Update, Chrome adds another new Version of their Shockwave Flash with the problematic Pepper Flash Player. So Guess what YOUR METER WILL GO SOUTH AGAIN unless you disable it. This is the new Chrome addition that needs to be disabled, once you do that This Latest version of Adobe Flash will work fine.

Flash (3 files) Version: 11.3.31.230
    Shockwave Flash 11.3 r31
    Name: Shockwave Flash
    Description: Shockwave Flash 11.3 r31
    Version: 11.3.31.230
    Location: C:\Users\Walter\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\21.0.1180.83\PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll
    Type: PPAPI (out-of-process)
      Disable
    MIME types:
    MIME type Description File extensions
    application/x-shockwave-flash Shockwave Flash
    .swf
    application/futuresplash FutureSplash Player

.spl

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Tue, Aug 21 2012 11:33 AM

For MAXTHON3 users... 

Maxthon3 users....downloading this new update will not auto update in this browser. Your Adobe Flash Version in your Maxthon3 browser will remain the same as what was installed. This will vary depending on if you have the new Beta version or not.

The only way to update it is to backdoor this newest version of Adobe Flash. I have done it with mine and this latest version of Adobe works fine. My meter remained smooth and I have not encountered any other problems. 

It should work Fine in Comodo Dragon Also.

• ljbast
    943 Posts
    Tue, Aug 21 2012 11:44 AM

Just tried a few holes with the new version on Chrome. seemed like a perfect meter so far. A bit more experimenting, in a multiplayer game will be more conclusive.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Aug 21 2012 11:50 AM

Seems just fine with Comodo Dragon

• pjctas0822
    4,592 Posts
    Tue, Aug 21 2012 12:41 PM

Im fine and will stick with what is not broke for a few more months. There is no known software that I use that requires or forces me to update FLASH so it would make no sense to update that at this time. Good luck to all that do. And TY WGT for being ahead of the game this time. Will save yourselves a lot of headache.

RSS