Forums

Help › Forums

What's up with the new exchange for # of video views to credits?

Wed, Sep 12 2012 7:54 PM (63 replies)
  • pillsy
    489 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 4:01 PM

I watch the videos all the time, and it used to be 50 video views can be exchanged for 75 credits.  I just tried to exchange and now it says you need 100 views for 75 credits.  

Seriously????

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 5:16 PM

So if each video is 30 seconds that's 75CENTS an hour.

you can pick lettuce for more than that!

• pillsy
    489 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 5:34 PM

Some of the "Watch this video for 2 views" ones last for 9+ minutes...

• dvbohman
    2 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 5:50 PM

I agree.  While it may be a business decision, WGT's customer service needs to step in here.  They did this without warning.  I had 46 views, and was prepping to get 75, when all of a sudden the views I had in the bank lost their value by half.  They should have given people a week or two notice, to cash in at the higher price, before making the change.  SHAME ON YOU WGT.

• cpatterson22
    257 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 5:53 PM

Yeah what the hell is going on here, under 1 credit per view? Are you serious? We're talking 2 weeks for 75 credits now, so 27 periods a year, 2000 credits a YEAR. That's not enough to buy ANYTHING.

PLUS the stupid 5 view videos aren't even working, I watched about 5 of those and my view count didn't go up at all. This may put me over the edge in terms of do I even want to keep going with this site, putting clubs at higher levels and costs then cutting the ways you can get credits... I don't think so. I haven't done a survey in months since those never work... disgusting.

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 5:54 PM

Short of  to providing some long thesis on this matter, I think its Bull Shyt.

• Hacker456
    167 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 5:55 PM

I'm with you.  The guy who changed this policy will probably get a promotion.  I hope he gets a rash and chronic intestinal disturbances.

• Games4Ever71
    623 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 5:56 PM

True that I just saw it, and its pathetic. I am not even watching the videos anymore guess wgt just is not going to get anything out of me in the pro shop for a while now. Offers suck, and now this. I guess they are pushing us off the site, because this is a good way to make people leave. Especially, people that are not well off with money. It was taking forever anyways with the old way. They did not have enough videos either. So this is just, sorry to say stupid. They went bassackwards on this decision. The surveys screw us over too. Not a good option for people that have no money. Well, I might get tired of this site sooner than later.

I will be stuck with these clubs for very long time. Was going to save for new r11 irons by the time I hit level 90, this just makes it more like level 120 at this rate.

• cob101
    1 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 5:56 PM

pillsy:

I watch the videos all the time, and it used to be 50 video views can be exchanged for 75 credits.  I just tried to exchange and now it says you need 100 views for 75 credits.  

Seriously????

wgt... please reply!!!!

• WRWil
    42 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 6:12 PM

Wonder if anyone will listen? My 2 cents

WRWil

Wrwilson1957, Aug 28 19:08 (CST): A new problem has been reported. The details are as follows : 

Partner : WGTcom 

Customer ID : 1892490 

Topic : Other 

Description : Why was there no warning about the new exchange of video views for credits.There should have at least been an announcement of an effective date for this change so current views would be exchanged at the rate of 75 credits for 50 views.This change apparently happened today-08/28/12. My credits have been cut in half without notice and I had 2400 unredeemed views before this happened. Any chance WGT will do the right thing and allow us to redeem our views for the original rate prior to this change? 

RSS