Forums

Help › Forums

New Stroke Play Lobby and Disconnect %

Wed, Sep 26 2012 9:11 PM (35 replies)
  • dariose
    3 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 12:12 PM

Is unbelievable that WGT don think in the impact that this new feature make in player´s reputation.

I have been try to play 3 times today, one of the players quitted, the game froze, so i have to close the window. When i wanted to play again my percent was 87%, my score went down 3% each time i close the window due to another guy quitted. the idea is good but u guys must to fix this inconsistency.

By the end of the day i will be in 20%, that is not fear.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 2:55 PM

dariose:
    Is unbelievable that WGT don think in the impact that this new feature make in player´s reputation.

Yup,knew this was coming..same thing here,went down to 90% with no quits !! Careful what we wish for eh ? Andy

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 11:43 PM

90 % is the starter value Andy.

Alas, to count forced quits against the players is not funny at all.

• MelsDaddy
    30 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 2:15 AM

this is the best thing that could have happened.

it forces players to finish and rewards the non quitters with well deserved XP's.

it also makes the quitters think twice before connecting to stroke play.

i will not play with players under 80%. seems it would take little effort to keep it that high.

where your label well quitters!

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 7:24 AM

alosso:
    90 % is the starter value Andy.

Cheers Alo,played one game & at 97% now...Andy

• Tom228
    119 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 8:13 PM

Well Yves, I am not a quitter, was playing you and had 5 under after 6 holes and the darn system locked up on me 3 times and disqualified me.  Why in the world would I quit?  I hate this new system, too many bugs, I played single all day and had no problems, every time I tried to play multi, could not finish a game.  WGT FIX THE BUGS!!!!

• flicklives
    33 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2012 10:57 PM

Why not display 'Member Since' date ?

Why not charge credits for blatant repeat quitters ?

Why not exclude blatant repeat quitters from tourney's ?

Why not reward non-quitters with 'good sport'  perks?

Oh yeah, that would require knowing who they were...never mind.

Must be many solutions other than penalizing

innocent victims of quitters,  how about it WGT ?

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Tue, Sep 4 2012 12:16 AM

flicklives:

Must be many solutions other than penalizing

innocent victims of quitters,  how about it WGT ?

They don't know any better than to count disconnects regardless of responsibility, unfortunately.

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Tue, Sep 4 2012 12:24 AM

Something is wrong in how they handle this. I have two "quits" although I finished the games in question, probably because I closed the game window instead of going back to the main screen. The games are in my stats and my average was adjusted by te results of the game, still when I logged on the next time I got the message "You forfeited the game..."

Seems like WGT need o work on their logic a bit.

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Tue, Sep 4 2012 12:28 AM

Tom228:

Well Yves, I am not a quitter, was playing you and had 5 under after 6 holes and the darn system locked up on me 3 times and disqualified me.  Why in the world would I quit?  I hate this new system, too many bugs, I played single all day and had no problems, every time I tried to play multi, could not finish a game.  WGT FIX THE BUGS!!!!

Still, if your system is so unstable that you rarely manage to finish a game, deliberate or not, I think it is fair that  the stats show it. But for sure, there is plenty of bugs that needs to be fixed.

I think it is a good initiative though, but they need to work on in it some more.

RSS