Forums

Help › Forums

Apology to the community from WGT

Thu, Sep 6 2012 4:25 PM (50 replies)
  • WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 5:04 PM

Greetings WGT community members,

Everyone who has joined us on our forums lately will notice that we recently made changes to the Live Gamer redemption ratio on our website. After careful consideration, WGT found that the partnership between WGT and LiveGamer was not optimal. In order to produce the new features, course changes, new avatars or any of the other millions of cool ideas we get from you, the community, WGT needs to constantly be looking at ways to optimize the business end.

With all that boring jargon out of the way, WGT has made an unfortunate error. When we made the decision to optimize our Live Gamer feature, we did not account for players who may have views saved for redemption on a later day. This is a huge oversight on our part, and we sincerely apologize.

Everyone here at WGT is human (except maybe WGTicon) and that means that we make mistakes. We feel terrible about this oversight and we will strive to prevent mishaps like this from happening again.

Now, if you find yourself as one of the players who was saving their views for a rainy day, we won’t be able to award you credits following the old views conversion rate, but send our support team an email by clicking here and they will be able to work with you so that you are not severely impacted by this event.

Thank you for reading this, and once again we apologize for our actions.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• pjctas0822
    4,592 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 5:15 PM

That is awesome . That is classy.

Now keep in mind that a company or a person cannot keep apologizing, after a while it gets old. Now of course the players/members dont need to know every single thing you guys do beforehand but if it is going to directly impact the customers then it would be adviseable to include us.

Same way you included us in the newest updates would work. Cant wait for those new updates to be applied to all rounds played on this game. But personally I am thrilled it was not forced on us that way the kinks can get worked out by those who wish to do so .

Now that's keeping it classy.

• LeGeNdCrUsHeR
    2,067 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 5:16 PM

Hey Batman, 

Since the views are gone and a large majority of the community utilized this to procure credits to purchase items in the pro shop, is WGT planning on supplementing additional ways to earn credits other than "offers" or "surveys"?

LC 

Also, thanks for letting us know and there is no need to apologize.  WGT made a good decision cutting ties with them.

• pjctas0822
    4,592 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 5:29 PM

LeGeNdCrUsHeR:
    Since the views are gone

No they are not. How did you come to that conclusion? What people don't understand is that we must take the good with the bad and WGT has produced a great amount of good which should outweigh the bad.

People always never forget the wrong and hardly ever commend the right. Oh well.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 5:31 PM

LeGeNdCrUsHeR:

Hey Batman, 

Since the views are gone and a large majority of the community utilized this to procure credits to purchase items in the pro shop, is WGT planning on supplementing additional ways to earn credits other than "offers" or "surveys"?

LC 

Also, thanks for letting us know and there is no need to apologize.  WGT made a good decision cutting ties with them.

Hey LC, we are always looking for new ways to allow our players to earn some free credits, but nothing particular is on the horizon. Keep an eye here for announcements :)

And just to be clear, WGT still likes LiveGamer, and we still have their offers on our site. The only thing that has changed is their views conversion rate.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• LeGeNdCrUsHeR
    2,067 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 5:40 PM

pjctas0822:
    How did you come to that conclusion?

Sorry, I misunderstood the OP when I read,

"WGT found that the partnership between WGT and LiveGamer was not optimal."

No worries, I will still watch videos until I can buy the "car"...lol

Rich

• pjctas0822
    4,592 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 5:48 PM

LeGeNdCrUsHeR:

pjctas0822:
    How did you come to that conclusion?

Sorry, I misunderstood the OP when I read,

"WGT found that the partnership between WGT and LiveGamer was not optimal."

No worries, I will still watch videos until I can buy the "car"...lol

Rich

Me too :)

• Games4Ever71
    623 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 6:16 PM

Well I have stopped completely from using the views. Takes more time to earn credits that way now, more than even the bad surveys and offers. So no more video view watching from me. I was dependent on the views, and now I need find a different way and now I will never get the amount of credits I did before. Here comes 6 months of waiting to get the r11 irons now. Thanks for that.

I guess I am one of the people that just joined this site too late for the good things of that page. I may have good clubs from doing that, but now I can't say that. See how it effect us now?

What I don't get is you apologized for something that is still the same. So we will still be effect no matter what. Sorry for being rude about this, but it helped me in no way at all.

RSS