Help › Forums

percentage on players

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 7 2012 9:02 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • kegler101
    1 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2012 8:36 AM

percentage  Needs to be removed Iam emergency personnel and when we got to go we have to go so i have to guit games So I want my percentage OFF

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2012 9:30 AM

Don't start a game that you can't finish.

While I realize that you are on call and might have to leave, I would suggest that you don't play multi player games when you are on call.  The percentage is there to let us know who quits and you having to quit games means that you ruin them for us.

I don't play at work because I might have to quit if I do, I would suggest that you do the same thing, still can play single player games.

• Blade7658
    452 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2012 9:31 AM

Totally agree, percentage was made to track exactly that kind of behavior. Love the percentage. You can save a single player game and come back later.

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2012 10:07 AM

Yeah my only issue with it is in blitz.

I play a lot of blitz and in blitz if the player who's turn to hit it is, disconnects then the whole group is locked up.  Your only option is to x out of the game which gives everyone in the game a disconnect.  I have had this happen in four of my games over the past few days, no way to keep my percent above 87 to 90% if I play much blitz.

The solution is for WGT to fix the lock up in blitz, only happens in non challenge games, the others go back to the lobby.

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2012 1:28 PM

kegler101:

percentage  Needs to be removed Iam emergency personnel and when we got to go we have to go so i have to guit games So I want my percentage OFF

No problem just play by yourself during that time and you won't effect anyone else's play when you need to quit. Starting games with others knowing you may have to quit and doing so when it does happen shows little concern for others. Also you won't need to be concerned about your percentage either.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Sep 4 2012 1:29 AM

TarheelsRule:

Yeah my only issue with it is in blitz.

I play a lot of blitz and in blitz if the player who's turn to hit it is, disconnects then the whole group is locked up.  Your only option is to x out of the game which gives everyone in the game a disconnect.  I have had this happen in four of my games over the past few days, no way to keep my percent above 87 to 90% if I play much blitz.

The solution is for WGT to fix the lock up in blitz, only happens in non challenge games, the others go back to the lobby.

100% Agree - the amount of time Blitz gets locked up after one player quits is far too common, and this in turn affects all players percentage.

Also in concensus with most - If you cant be sure of finishing a multi player game, don't be so selfish to start one - it ruins the game for everyone.

• jbh1212
    102 Posts
    Tue, Sep 4 2012 1:47 AM

does the percentage really tell you who quits and who doesnt quit its alot off crap, i played blitz yesterday and bomb me out twice then again 3 times after,so i am now 80 percent. a person on call is a person on call,remember even if you play a stroke game with yourself and quit it take you average down,the system is crap and i agree needs to be removed. i also dont quit so where is the logic in the percentage.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Tue, Sep 4 2012 2:11 AM

jbh1212:

does the percentage really tell you who quits and who doesnt quit

No it doesn't. By design, it counts every game uncompleted, regardless of the reason.

Blitz or other game frozen by a quitter => all players are marked "uncompleted".

• upinsmoketour
    342 Posts
    Tue, Sep 4 2012 2:12 AM

Bottom line the only players who don't like or want the % are quitters as it shows on there stats ! EXACTLY what its supposed to do. No matter what & sorry to be harsh but if you cant finish a game don't start one. The % is a great idea & i've finished every game apart from ones i have no control over since it got introduced but you can tell if its 90% or over there's a good chance you might actually finish a game.    smoke.

• PAGES
RSS