Forums

Help › Forums

Rough, or no Rough.

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 12 2012 10:14 AM (4 replies)
  • TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Wed, Sep 12 2012 2:02 AM

Come off it WGT. What is going on with the play from the rough lately? Day 1, im in the 40% rough on a certain hole, 80 yards from the hole, and with a 20mph headwind. I will use the full powered 100 yard wedge and ding it. Ball will travel 100 yards. Next day, same course, hole, rough, wind etc, lets just say the shot is identical. Having gone the full 100 yards the day before, i now play the same wedge, this time with 90 yards of power/distance, and ding it. But this time the ball will stop at 70 yards. 

Its like this every single day now. Its supposed to be a learning curve, but i am here 2 years now, and know what to expect. I could play the same shot 3 times in a row, and not come close. Then i could play the same shot again with 3 different power approaches, each time adjusting for the what happened in the previous outcome, and still not get close. Im dammed if i do, and dammed if i dont. 

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Wed, Sep 12 2012 9:56 AM

Cough.......(Tumbleweed).

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Sep 12 2012 10:04 AM

Greetings TWOMINUSONE,

I'm not sure why you are experiencing difficulty playing from the rough. Are you using the new uneven lie feature? You can disable that any time you want. If you aren't using this feature, then nothing has changed about regular play from the rough.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Wed, Sep 12 2012 10:08 AM

Thanks for getting back to me Pizza. No, i am not using the uneven lie settings. Cant stand it to be honest, lol.  As i say, its a totally different scenario each day. Seems i just have to suck it up, and keep plodding on. Cheers. 

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Sep 12 2012 10:14 AM

TWOMINUSONE:
    Cant stand it to be honest, lol.

Hah, well keep your feedback coming (good or bad) and we will try to adjust accordingly. 

TWOMINUSONE:
    Seems i just have to suck it up, and keep plodding on.

I applaud your disposition. Let us know if you experience any sort of technical difficulty, but in the mean time have fun!

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

RSS