Help › Forums

Heads Up: Upcoming Email Changes 10/10/12

rated by 0 users
Thu, Oct 11 2012 10:53 AM (21 replies)
  • WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 4:12 PM

Hi everyone,

I wanted to give you a heads up on this change. When we release our next product update (hopefully tonight but it's not yet certain), we will be making one change to how we email you.

All the emails we send out that have to do with free credits information, confirmations and such, will be disabled. If you want to receive them, they can be turned on via account --> contact info tab.

It's not there now but after the new update, you will be able to see that as an option to turn it off or on.

Please let me know if you have any questions

-WGTicon

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 4:21 PM

Nice improvement. Thanks Icon ,  WGT.

Ace

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 4:24 PM

WGTicon:
    (hopefully tonight but it's not yet certain

Crack that whip Icon !!

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 4:31 PM

Very nice option for emails. Along with all of the spam from doing various surveys and such, not to mention all the regular emails from buying balls and entering tournaments this is a blessing.

Thank You!

Happy Golfing!

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 10:44 PM

WGTicon:
    we will be making one change to how we email you.

I sure hope that's only one of the things going to happen in this update.  :-)

I guess I will find out when I wake up,  it's 0140 and I couldn't sleep.  Signed on to maybe play a game but seen the message of the upcoming update.   

I hope it's something high level,  not that I need anything at the moment,  I would just like there to be something to look forward to besides a useless (IMHO) L96 hybrid.

• jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Thu, Oct 11 2012 2:52 AM

New pins at Congo seem to be the major part of the update from what I can see....

• saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Thu, Oct 11 2012 2:53 AM

Is there a change list around yet?

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Thu, Oct 11 2012 2:57 AM

I spy new putters.

• saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Thu, Oct 11 2012 3:00 AM

Yup, max control putters that have the same stats as my Nike, a faster meter speed and costs more. Guess you can get it at L0+ rather than L77...

• jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Thu, Oct 11 2012 3:02 AM

Initial advice - don't go long on the second hole at Congo with the new pin position...left is brutal as well.

1 = Middle right

2 = Front right

3 = Front left

4 = Middle right

5 = Back left

6 = Front right (few paces from the water and will most likely only be accessible with a side or headwind)

7 = Front left / centre - definite hole out opportunity from running it back off the central tier bank

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=24413e6a-21c9-40bf-a00f-a0e700ad4d86

However this is the putting view you get left with (WGT get ready for a barrage of complaints about this one).

8 =

9 =

10 = Far left - easy pin and straightforward bird from below the cup

11 = Front middle - far less dangerous than the old pin but seems to play longer than stated

12 = Middle left

13 = Back right (slope again could allow for plenty of hole outs for a back spun shot on a champ speed green)

14 = Front right

RSS