Forums

Help › Forums

Perhaps there's a method behind the update madness?

Thu, Jan 10 2013 9:54 PM (33 replies)
  • PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Wed, Jan 9 2013 4:56 AM

I'm not saying there's any truth behind this, but here's an "outside the box" perspective.

Did anyone ever think WGT might actually WANT to get rid of the top earners? What would even be their incentive for keeping them around. Prestige? Gratidude for helping to make this site what it is now and their loyalty? When a huge apartment or an office building is finished, do you still have need for the people who built it's foundations or the architect who designed it? No, you need rent paying tennants, not people who live in the penthouse for free.

When was the last time that any of the top earners actually put some real money in this game? I suspect it's been a while. So in time they either cash in for a gift card (cost WGT real cash) or gift a lot of gear to others, who in turn have to put less of their real cash in the game (again, they cost WGT money).

Sure, they pay the rake, but again, they don't use cash to do it. And every other week WGT mods need to deal with accusations and complaints of cheating or preferential treatment regarding people who shoot in the low or mid 50s. Why bother? I'm sure much more people would be buying credits and using them for entry fees if they felt they actually had at least a slight chance in hell they won't lose money if they score a 62, therefore more rake for WGT to collect.

Could the last few updates (combined with new and wonderful ways for buying credits)have been a step towards what I wrote above?

Again, I'm only throwing a bone to chew on here and my sincerest hope is that none of this is even remotly close to the truth. But any feedback from the community would be greatly appreciated. I basically wish you all tell me I make no sense with my train of thought.

Jure 

Edit: I just read some less expensive merchandise will arrive to the elite collection shortly, so all could still turn out good.

• saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Wed, Jan 9 2013 4:59 AM

Seems to me that if you remove the top earners they're just replaced by the next best people who then no longer need to buy credits.

If there are 10,000 credits going spare WGT would rather it went to the person with 100,000 already than the person with 1000.

• Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Wed, Jan 9 2013 5:00 AM

If they are trying to get rid of us, then they can just close down their business now.

• saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Wed, Jan 9 2013 5:03 AM

This could actually be a blessing for the non-top earners. If the best players decide there's no point collecting credits then they won't enter the big money RGs and others will win.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Wed, Jan 9 2013 5:06 AM

Me thinks the 12 days of Crimbo, and all the good will before it has hurt WGT, and they are counteracting it now. Think about it, lots of members got free stuff, and didnt have to spend a cent to get it, thats bad business in anybodys book. So WGT then go and scald Legendcrusher and jack up the prices by a mile. Sounds like its designed to make players stop the giving for free, and make them hold onto the credits now, if they want this new crap. Just a thought.

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Wed, Jan 9 2013 5:14 AM

TWOMINUSONE:
    Sounds like its designed to make players stop the giving for free, and make them hold onto the credits now, if they want this new crap. Just a thought.

Hm, could it backfire and they gift it all away? I don't mean those with 300k in their pocket, they may want to buy a golf trip, but those who have 100k?

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Wed, Jan 9 2013 5:23 AM

saltiresfan:
    If there are 10,000 credits going spare WGT would rather it went to the person with 100,000 already than the person with 1000.

Interesting perspective, I never thought in that direction. My assumption would be that if people with 1000 cr win 10000, they would be less likely to buy a gift card or give it away in gifts, consequently "hurting" WGT.

• saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Wed, Jan 9 2013 5:25 AM

Yes but they would also not need to buy any more credits which is where WGT make their money.

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Wed, Jan 9 2013 5:34 AM

saltiresfan:

Yes but they would also not need to buy any more credits which is where WGT make their money.

So, basically a status quo, but WGT doesn't need to pony up for the gift cards any more.

Like I said, I appreciate being told I'm totally wrong here (one of the very few occasions when I actually love it).

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Wed, Jan 9 2013 5:53 AM

No you re not wrong at all Jure.

I logged on specifically to make a thread about this subject and saw this first so here I am to say what I feel is happening here.

The level 96 and above players have nothing from this update.

Thanks WGT.

The new course Manele is just an excuse to lose balls, what idiot is gonna take a 450 credit sleeve there and play for what. definitely no fun, when you ding a shot  and it just happens to fall off the slope to the left - lost ball.

I was gonna post a long rant about where we , the high level players are going, but Covenant has already done that some months ago and got  zero good response, pizza just blahed blahed his way out of it. 

I like to be generous, but quite frankly I see no point in it anymore, WGT keep creating sh1t for hacks , amateurs and Pro's to aspire to but do nothing for the players that have spent $$$'s and much time to get to the higher levels.

f. u . c. k the loyalty.

There are other places to go WGT.

RSS