Sun, Jun 30 2013 5:59 PM (22 replies)
  • Jefe1313
    20 Posts
    Sun, Jun 30 2013 3:01 PM

Why the meanness?

• StrayedFairway
    379 Posts
    Sun, Jun 30 2013 3:55 PM

Six sleeves or WGT's finest starter balls sent, enjoy :)

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Sun, Jun 30 2013 4:09 PM

Ziomio's Post hasnt got a reply on it for some reason?, so i cant quote it, but its da bomb, lol.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Jun 30 2013 4:15 PM

Many players only use the starters equipment for a long time, but at least they do not come begging and spend their time to practice and learn the game. I suggest you do the same.

And WGT - can you please put an end to these begging threads?

Edit - Nice Zio, umm I mean nice shoes - must be Itailian :)

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Sun, Jun 30 2013 4:20 PM

To someone as sensitive as me, I find this kind of begging quite upsetting.

When I started I was of course jealous of the equipment other players had when I was playing Alternate Shot games, but never did I beg.

What did happen though from time to time was a player would gift me something after having enjoyed our game together.

The best being the K15 driver - unforgettable, transformed my game.

Make friends and show them that perhaps you deserve some generosity.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Sun, Jun 30 2013 4:35 PM

Have to agree john, and i was in the same boat myself, in that members have gifted me stuff also. The best of that as i recall was a club from Cib* ( i think), as far as i remember (R11s 3 wood). And that club is still in my bag today.

People can beg all they want, but good things come to those who wait, as they say, as the WGT forums are full of very generous people, as has been proved many many times in the past.

* Those of us long enough in the game will know.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Jun 30 2013 4:41 PM

+1 TWO. Beg once it's understandable, may even work. The generous folks on here give to the deserving, not the begging. If the OP shows their real self in time, they can be assured I will help them. 

• Jefe1313
    20 Posts
    Sun, Jun 30 2013 5:51 PM

I asked for help.  I am new.  You can pass and not help.  I have had quite a few people offer to help and give advice.  I appreciate it.   I am practicing and learning the game.   I asked for help.   Thank you to those that offered advice and help.  To the others, I am sorry you are so offended.

• Jefe1313
    20 Posts
    Sun, Jun 30 2013 5:53 PM

Thank you for your help.   I appreciate it.  If you want so golf sometime, let me know!

• Jefe1313
    20 Posts
    Sun, Jun 30 2013 5:57 PM

I asked for help.  I guess you are sensitive.  If you wanted to help you could send me a message or invite me to play a game.  Instead you just want to put me down.   Maybe I didnt ask nicely enough, but some people have offered me advice and tried to help me.  I appreciate it.  Sorry that you are offended that I asked for help.

RSS