Forums

Help › Forums

Friends list bug

Fri, Dec 24 2010 9:46 PM (8 replies)
  • sexyalli
    129 Posts
    Sat, Dec 18 2010 1:50 PM

Hey WGT, I have friends on my friend list but I cannot message or invite them to play as if I go to their profile it say's add as friend? well there already on my list??? why is this please sort this out ASAP please, not good for cc's that are playing tournies together.

SexyAlli

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sat, Dec 18 2010 6:31 PM

sexyalli:

Hey WGT, I have friends on my friend list but I cannot message or invite them to play as if I go to their profile it say's add as friend? well there already on my list??? why is this please sort this out ASAP please, not good for cc's that are playing tournies together.

SexyAlli

Hi,

after 255 friends, weird things happen. Once you get below 255, thing will function normally again

sorry, but it's the limitations of a program

-wgticon

• sexyalli
    129 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2010 1:24 AM

dear WGTicon

Thank you, yes that has sorted things out but why let people accept more tha 255 friends if it limits the function of the program why not set the limit at 255.

SexyAlli

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2010 7:19 AM

sexyalli:

dear WGTicon

Thank you, yes that has sorted things out but why let people accept more tha 255 friends if it limits the function of the program why not set the limit at 255.

SexyAlli

Yeah! Seems to make alotta sense, Alli!

Icon, you ought to bring this up at the next roundtable.

Tell'em that:

1. It should be mentioned in the FAQ
    2. It would help in explaining (to players' "friend invites") why a "decline invite" must be levied 
    3. It would prevent us having to spend hours on "search and destroy" missions trimming our lists  :/
    4. It could even help (through residual effects) to lessen load times and meter lag

These "known" friend list issues have been a thorn in the side of all "prolific" WGT players... and my biggest gripe... second only to the "known" meter issues, for years.

How  this "social aspect" of the game has seemingly been relegated to less than a top priority is beyond my understanding.

Icon, your recent posts about this "255 limit" are the first concrete words I've seen on the topic, so I thank you for that. But word-of-mouth hasn't been very effective over the years, as these friend list issues keep popping-up in the forums with surprising regularity, even affecting our records and private messaging.

A resolution to these issues would be a great present under the tree this year, but even the slightest acknowledgement in the Official FAQ, along with some temporary work-arounds, would serve as a welcome stocking-stuffer.

Happy Holidays, friends!  :)

PugsAce

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2010 7:57 AM

I did not now this nor others did. We simply tried trial and error and once many people with huge friend lists started reporting same issue, it was simply a good guess then.

Even internet IP's are maxed out at 256 and everything had to be reprogrammed from scratch to accommodate more.

I will mention this to see what else can be done, but that's why we have forums, club houses - so such info can be shared.

-wgticon

• Sanco
    1,345 Posts
    Tue, Dec 21 2010 12:53 PM

Well Icon, I have less than 10 friends on my list and I am experiencing the same issues as Alli.

I cannot remove some of them (does not give me the option) and for the others that have been in my list for donkeys years I cannot send a message or invite them to play and asks me to add as a friend again.

Can you help me with some solutions please?

Cheers

Sanco

• ljbast
    943 Posts
    Tue, Dec 21 2010 1:21 PM

I dont understand why someone would need 250 friends. Do you know them at all? Play regurlarly with them? Is it a facebook kinda thing where i have to have tons of friends?

Sorry, I just dont get it.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Dec 23 2010 10:05 AM

Sanco:

Well Icon, I have less than 10 friends on my list and I am experiencing the same issues as Alli.

I cannot remove some of them (does not give me the option) and for the others that have been in my list for donkeys years I cannot send a message or invite them to play and asks me to add as a friend again.

Cheers

Sanco

it should not be an issue for you

make sure you clear flash cache and browser cache, then go to www.wgt.com and press control + f5

if error occurs the same, please try different browsers and then report:)

thanks!

-wgticon

• Sanco
    1,345 Posts
    Fri, Dec 24 2010 9:46 PM

WGTicon:

Sanco:

Cheers

Sanco

it should not be an issue for you

make sure you clear flash cache and browser cache, then go to www.wgt.com and press control + f5

if error occurs the same, please try different browsers and then report:)

thanks!

-wgticon

Thank you Icon

I have done as you instructed and that seems to have fixed the issue.

Thank you again for your prompt help here.

RSS