Forums

Help › Forums

Invite audio notification

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 18 2024 3:46 PM (9 replies)
  • didanz
    102 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2015 3:49 PM

I usually am doing stuff on my computer and have WGT in the back ground.If a invite comes in it would be useful to hear a noise notification to notify me of action is required. 

• Drdave72
    272 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2015 9:11 PM

There is an noise / tone when you receive an invite. If you don't hear it, check you game settings under options. There is an option to either have the invitation alert on or off. Make sure yours is checked on.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2015 9:46 PM

There is a noise but you have to have your game client open. I turn the music down low and can still hear the invites.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Mon, Dec 14 2015 5:43 AM

didanz:

I usually am doing stuff on my computer and have WGT in the back ground.If a invite comes in it would be useful to hear a noise notification to notify me of action is required. 

What I like to do in this situation, is to have the game client open to a random one hole and stand on the tee box. All other sounds are then muted except for invites and friend activity. 

If you have a lot of friends popping in and out, that can be annoying.

• didanz
    102 Posts
    Mon, Dec 14 2015 7:09 PM

Thanks for your replys. Most helpful.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Dec 16 2015 7:03 AM

I just wish that the sound was different for game invites and a friend logging on or off.

I'll have the game client open in the background, listening for possible invites while surfing the web or reading the forums  and have to check to see if it was an invite or someone logging in/out.  LOL 

gets a bit annoying at times.  :)

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Wed, Dec 16 2015 2:48 PM

After all these years I still can't get it right.

I mute the lobby music, by clicking the top of the speaker icon in game window 

But beyond that I don't know. I definitely do not hear invites, I think

• chirchfields
    525 Posts
    Wed, Dec 16 2015 3:00 PM

I would be nice if they could put a distinct sound when someone sends you an ivite on the home or country club page, funny it makes a hissing sound when the invite times out but not when someone invites lol.

I mean if you scroll over your friends names it makes a right racket ! why cant we have a sound to catch our attention when someone invites us to a round ?

It would be a big help as i like to look at other sites when im waiting.

Paul

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2015 7:02 PM

oneeyedjohn:

After all these years I still can't get it right.

I mute the lobby music, by clicking the top of the speaker icon in game window 

But beyond that I don't know. I definitely do not hear invites, I think

Might be a silly question, but have you tried this?  And I think the music volume is what you want to change for loudness, not the slider in the game lobby that you show.  I notice if I hit that during the game, the stupid ambient and environmental sounds both change from my in settings setting of all the way off.

• okiechuck
    6,468 Posts
    Mon, Mar 18 2024 3:46 PM

But why can it not be as loud as the alert for Club Goals. 

RSS