Help › Forums

Can't see my friends...

rated by 0 users
Sat, May 7 2011 1:58 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2011 1:54 PM

Probably this particular issue has been asked before.....not sure.

Got a list of friends (latest registrated friends) that I can NOT find in my friend list when I am inviting to join a session...neither in my default friend list (my profile), like if they do not exist in my list at all (despite being added as friends).

Could anyone help me here, please?

• MioKontic
    4,643 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2011 2:12 PM

i think you can only see your first 255 (hex FF - may or may not mean anything to you but does to a computer).  But I would have thought it should be a case of changing the variable type in the code to allow a larger number.

It does make you wonder why some people have over 1000 friends if they can only see their first 255.

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2011 3:05 PM

The problem is that I can NOT invite my latest friends.. :(  ...this is kind of very anoyying!

Can I change the variable myself?

err...do I need to delete earlier friend in order to have the latest friends available?

Ty 4 the comment mio.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2011 3:07 PM

LOLserver:

The problem is that I can NOT invite my latest friends.. :(  ...this is kind of very anoyying!

Can I change the variable myself?

err...do I need to delete earlier friend in order to have the latest friends available?

Ty 4 the comment mio.

Not much you can do until you drop below 255 again. For that either remove it yourself, or if you cannot, email members@worldgolftour.com

-wgticon

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2011 3:19 PM

WGTicon:

Not much you can do until you drop below 255 again. For that either remove it yourself, or if you cannot, email members@worldgolftour.com

-wgticon

Humm, this is bad for the comunity...not that I play "all" my friends often, but completelly unfair the delete old friends in order to see the new ones in the list.!!!

I suppose all WTG members with more then 255 friends are in the same bote..... :(. Wish there is a solution.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2011 6:00 PM

LOLserver:

WGTicon:

-wgticon

Humm, this is bad for the comunity...not that I play "all" my friends often, but completelly unfair the delete old friends in order to see the new ones in the list.!!!

I suppose all WTG members with more then 255 friends are in the same bote..... :(. Wish there is a solution.

I hear ya. I know that our engineers are definately aware of it. I just do not know if it can be solved

-wgticon

• golfkid210
    313 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2011 6:44 PM

Admitting complete ignorance of the way things are coded here, how much trouble could it be to add another digit, making it hex FFF?  That would add a whole lot of extra friend slots to be used.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2011 8:34 PM

golfkid210:

Admitting complete ignorance of the way things are coded here, how much trouble could it be to add another digit, making it hex FFF?  That would add a whole lot of extra friend slots to be used.

I am no programmer, so I could not even venture a guess.

-wgticon

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Fri, Mar 18 2011 11:37 PM

Was thinking....

Why do we need to see our offline/hidden friends in the overall friends list, rather see ONLY the ready, available & busy friends.

The point is to be able to invite your available freinds no matter how many your got in allWHEN CREATING A MATCH!

Man, this is very simple...yes, programming.

• MioKontic
    4,643 Posts
    Sun, Mar 20 2011 4:08 AM

LOLserver:
    Why do we need to see our offline/hidden friends in the overall friends list, rather see ONLY the ready, available & busy friends.

It's the overall friends list that is the problem, where the limitation is.

golfkid210:

Doesn't quite work like that, next value would be hex FFFF which is equivalent to 65535. But like I said it should just be a case of changing the variable type... in the code, not something individuals can do themselves.  Using the incorrect variable type is a common cause of errors where large ranges of numbers are used.  Not 100% sure if it would affect any other areas of code though, e.g. field/text box/label sizes, scroll bars, etc.  Maybe there's a limitation on the scroll bar in the friends list.

• PAGES
RSS