Forums

Help › Forums

Issue with Main Game Screen

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 27 2017 6:52 PM (4 replies)
  • AussieDog
    94 Posts
    Sat, Aug 26 2017 4:43 PM

Using Firefox, when I click play now from home page - the normal pop up appears, however since yesterday the hot spot area on the main game menu page are all 15 cm to the right of the heading you are trying to click.

This means that I can't access majority of the menu items.

If I use another browser (ie chrome) all is fine. also if I access a replay in firefox then use Back to Main Menu then all works fine. Any idea why this may have happened and how it can be fixed?

Thanks

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sat, Aug 26 2017 5:12 PM

I don't use Firefox, but have you cleared your Flash cache? Sounds like something got corrupted, and that's the likeliest suspect,

• AussieDog
    94 Posts
    Sat, Aug 26 2017 5:14 PM

Yep that was the first thing I tried, as I say it works fine if I access via replay just not from the play now button on home page

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Aug 26 2017 5:30 PM

AussieDog:
    Using Firefox, when I click play now from home page - the normal pop up appears, however since yesterday the hot spot area on the main game menu page are all 15 cm to the right of the heading you are trying to click.

AD,

I had the EXACT same thing happen to me about a week ago (Firefox user here). I was trying to set up a game with a friend of mine and I couldn't click on A/S, Matchplay or any of the other games. It was very frustrating.

My computer had recently updated Firefox and Flash before this happened, so I Googled "How to revert to a previous version of Firefox" and after following the instructions I was able to play...no problem. I played two A/S games tonight and there was nothing wrong with the game.

Best of luck.

MC

Update 8/27

It happened again this morning. Firefox updated itself last night to version 55.whatever.whatever. I jumped on WGT, hit "play now", and sure enough I had to place my cursor over to "Practice on Kiawah" in order to highlight Alternate Shot or Skins Game (way over on the left).

Using the link provided above, I reverted back to version 54.0.1, jumped back on WGT and now all is well. Provided in the link above are instructions on how to turn off automatic updates from Firefox, I turned it off, you might want to as well as Firefox will just keep trying to update on your computer. I'll wait for another updated version (56.?.?) and see if that's more compatible with WGT.

MC

• AussieDog
    94 Posts
    Sun, Aug 27 2017 6:52 PM

Thanks for the heads up, seeing it a firefox update issue, I chose to play WGT in chrome rather than revert to an earlier version of firefox. The firefox update also stuffed up another game I play as it no longer allows the use of Unity Player, unfortunately neither does chrome or edge, I hate developers LOL

RSS