Forums

Help › Forums

open scoring..Royal St Georges

Tue, Jun 14 2011 2:30 AM (119 replies)
  • thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sat, Jun 11 2011 8:30 PM

jakestanfill7:
     Hell I'd be happy with no updates or new courses for 2 years if WGT would put all their resources into figuring out a more stable platform.

I hear there's something in the pipeline but we'll be updated nearer the time....and what it concerns well I'm inclined to think it's meter related.

The way it stands just now is folks are having to delete friends lists, mess around with their game options with stuff like sounds, cameras, reflections etc....and I dare say it we could play the game in black & white they'd switch off the colour too in the vein hope of getting a steady swing to fire the shot off.

At the end of the day I love playing WGT and all the parlez with the players here in the forum and on skype during the games.

(here's the a$$ kissing bit) I think WGT are doing a very decent job to be honest with RSG, Congressional and the other courses...which makes WGT the best online golfing experience. (now can WGT fiddle with my game VEM and switch my 1 putt = yes alogarith back on for a little while at least).

TBE

• BenRC
    381 Posts
    Sat, Jun 11 2011 9:49 PM

jakestanfill7:

mnshiner:
    Mr. Stanfill I didn't mean to open up a can of worms on my previous post but now I realize what I said was not what I meant.

Understood Shiner and thanks for chiming back in.  I never took any exception to anything you said as it was merely your opinion, which I respect and think I tastefully added my retort.  Totally different story when some yahoo that couldn't hold my jock in any arena, intellectually or competitively, arbitrarily dubs me an idiot because he's too thick to understand what I said.

Good luck to ya Shiner and I'd be happy to teach you some of tricks of the trade sometime.  I'm keeping friends list at 0 through the Opens for meter purposes but still happy to help you anyway I can.

That last paragraph is a pretty standup up thing to say Jake...advice from the better players here is always appreciated from the majority of players here ,fact of the matter is

I advised someone in another thread here that was seeking help putting,do as i do,and seek help from the better players here,im not tech savvy here and I welcome good solid advice.....thank JS for reinforcing that advice...

About the meter issue,is it possible they just havnt been able to figure it out,.... as good as they are?I know people argue here that they dont fix it so that they can make more money on lost balls due to meter issues, but I think most of us go through more balls simply by playing alot .

Believe me , I'm no computer whiz, but maybe there is someone that plays here that could give them advice on a fix?....wouldnt a smoother meter =happier players, more new players, more $$$$ or just call Gates or Jobs ?

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Jun 11 2011 10:00 PM

Now we are on the subject... I think the meter/slow load issues started to happen when they put in the Ads btween each hole.. early last year I think. I just noticed a video Ad playing while a game is loading the other day.

-Roger

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Sun, Jun 12 2011 8:19 PM

Glad to get that out of the way, now back to practicing Congressional :)

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sun, Jun 12 2011 8:44 PM

Well done Sam.No Eagles LOL ??

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Sun, Jun 12 2011 8:46 PM

Aww come on Bollox at least work a little harder and get those 2 eagles.

• zant
    319 Posts
    Sun, Jun 12 2011 8:54 PM

Very nice shooting B.

• mercero
    25 Posts
    Sun, Jun 12 2011 10:35 PM

how the hell do u shoot those scores but where were the eagles! LOL!!!!!

• Reaytj
    114 Posts
    Mon, Jun 13 2011 8:59 AM

Yep, i was right. On page 1 of this thread, i figured a 51 or 52 would be the number.

Back to practicing myself:)

• theMuttsnutts
    45 Posts
    Mon, Jun 13 2011 10:28 AM

BolloxInBruges:

Glad to get that out of the way, now back to practicing Congressional :)

Well done there bib..

That's soul destroying...*sighs*

You should start giving golf lessons  putting lessons...lol

Mutt

RSS