Forums

Help › Forums

Welcome to WGT Early Access!

Sat, May 4 2024 12:17 PM (1,419 replies)
  • Essisdaddy
    5,883 Posts
    Sun, Nov 3 2019 3:11 AM

Just hit an approach shot 10' past the pin and Jeff (my name for him) said

"Hmm. Never up, never in"

😂😂😂

• Essisdaddy
    5,883 Posts
    Sun, Nov 3 2019 3:33 AM

vgg shot meter doesn't work at all, can't get it on top of the game

ShareX doesn't work properly, can't take a gif, taking an image is horrible.

The mouse-click is so much more accurate than the flash game it's absurd (that's a good thing, btw - I'm not just a whining git). 

• ranjet
    2,263 Posts
    Sun, Nov 3 2019 4:45 AM

all you need is an Android emulator on your PC.....its the mobile version  of wgt we pc players are going into when flash has gone but i been using an emulator for months now just to try the mobile side of life.same computer mouse keyboard etc etc.........but if given the option when downloading the mobile version to play via GOOGLE PLAY..select yes ...ive had no trouble what so ever and can be logged into both PC and Mobile at the same time...

but do choose a decent emulator ..switch of all adverts and rubbish and you should be fine...putting is the biggest difference ive found...more break on mobile it seems but ill get there eventually i hope....

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, Nov 3 2019 7:08 AM

ranjet:

all you need is an Android emulator on your PC.....its the mobile version  of wgt we pc players are going into when flash has gone but i been using an emulator for months now just to try the mobile side of life.same computer mouse keyboard etc etc.........but if given the option when downloading the mobile version to play via GOOGLE PLAY..select yes ...ive had no trouble what so ever and can be logged into both PC and Mobile at the same time...

but do choose a decent emulator ..switch of all adverts and rubbish and you should be fine...putting is the biggest difference ive found...more break on mobile it seems but ill get there eventually i hope....

I had Bluetacks for an Emulator. I got rid of it for the new App.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, Nov 3 2019 7:09 AM

Essisdaddy:

ShareX doesn't work properly, can't take a gif, taking an image is horrible.

The mouse-click is so much more accurate than the flash game it's absurd (that's a good thing, btw - I'm not just a whining git). 

Kat's Works. I use it in this new app

• el3n1
    4,495 Posts
    Sun, Nov 3 2019 8:04 AM

ranjet:
    more break on mobile it seems but ill get there eventually i hope....

just my opinion, but I think this is a misconception... why... because I believe desktop players are using their desktop calculations... the greens putt quite similarly to the desktop version, but it is the green speeds that are slightly different... if you use your desktop calculations you will notice a little more break because you are essentially hitting your putts softer than you would otherwise...

for an example of a top player on mobile sharing putting tips/formula you might check out Happyholehunter's video on youtube… notice he adds 2 feet immediately before his other adjustments.

some putting styles will adapt quite easily  … those who putt quite aggressive on desktop won't notice as much difference but for those who try to play drop dead weight, they will see or observe more break because they are not hitting the putt as hard as they would otherwise...

I suspect the biggest complaints or frustrations will be from those who time the dot flow in order to calculate the break, nothing wrong with this method it has proven deadly by a number of top players, but I think mobile tends to be more feel based or experience based.  It will be interesting to see how WGT handles this aspect.  

• Essisdaddy
    5,883 Posts
    Sun, Nov 3 2019 8:23 AM

DonCaron:

Cheers, Don - yeah, Kat put an "always on top" script on hers - unlike vgg - but I only use vgg as a meter, rather than a calculator.

Actually, am I crossing wires here??

Did Kat have a shot meter as well as the calculator?

• Essisdaddy
    5,883 Posts
    Sun, Nov 3 2019 8:52 AM

Essisdaddy:

ShareX doesn't work properly, can't take a gif, taking an image is horrible

Needless to say, Scott fixed it for me with his AHK script.

I don't need to tell anyone in this thread, Scott, and you know how we all feel about you but I'm saying it nonetheless - you are a ******* STAR.

Thank you, Sir.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, Nov 3 2019 10:48 AM

Essisdaddy:

DonCaron:

Cheers, Don - yeah, Kat put an "always on top" script on hers - unlike vgg - but I only use vgg as a meter, rather than a calculator.

Actually, am I crossing wires here??

Did Kat have a shot meter as well as the calculator?

Yes She Did. I use it on the new App.

Kat's Calculator

• pmm711
    5,535 Posts
    Sun, Nov 3 2019 4:55 PM

el3n1:

ranjet:
    more break on mobile it seems but ill get there eventually i hope....

just my opinion, but I think this is a misconception... why... because I believe desktop players are using their desktop calculations... the greens putt quite similarly to the desktop version, but it is the green speeds that are slightly different... if you use your desktop calculations you will notice a little more break because you are essentially hitting your putts softer than you would otherwise...

for an example of a top player on mobile sharing putting tips/formula you might check out Happyholehunter's video on youtube… notice he adds 2 feet immediately before his other adjustments.

some putting styles will adapt quite easily  … those who putt quite aggressive on desktop won't notice as much difference but for those who try to play drop dead weight, they will see or observe more break because they are not hitting the putt as hard as they would otherwise...

I suspect the biggest complaints or frustrations will be from those who time the dot flow in order to calculate the break, nothing wrong with this method it has proven deadly by a number of top players, but I think mobile tends to be more feel based or experience based.  It will be interesting to see how WGT handles this aspect.  

My gut tells me there are way more Mobile players than PC players.  So, why would WGT adjust the dot speed for PC players?  That would mean a larger audience would have to adjust their style of play and learn an entirely new way to putt.  We PC players have to adapt/adjust/relearn our putting to the Mobile way.  I think it's rather smug for some PC players to think otherwise. 

Mobile has been around for a pretty long time and WGT is forcing us in that direction.  I say stop playing the old Flash-based WGT and start playing the new version.  That way you'll be way ahead of the others when they finally decide to join the crowd.  Some people just appear too blind to see this when it's as apparent as the noses on our faces.

The only things I see changing will be the various other game modes, avatars moving over, friend invite functionality, etc. etc. etc.

RSS