Forums

Help › Forums

understanding avg help

Fri, Oct 14 2011 1:12 PM (6 replies)
  • strikerseasy
    65 Posts
    Thu, Oct 13 2011 12:43 PM

i never much worried about my avg.  but meeting so many quitters i researched it as follow:

"our Average Score will be based on multiple best scores within ONLY your current Tier, not scores that you shot when in previous Tiers, which better reflects your current skill competing with the tee boxes and green speeds in your current Tier. Your Average Score will be based on ONLY your best scores, so completing a bad round will not negatively impact your Average Score or Tier. So be sure to finish all your rounds and gain the extra experience points, as a bad day won’t matter."

ok so my avg was a 63 as tour pro  . i make master and i am having a hard time adjusting to the new clubs thus new shots  faster meters so on. ok so i decided to play kiawah until i got the hang of my shot placement etc then oakmount as it was the hardest longer fairways and tuff greens.  ok

my avg reads 73.33  my lowest score on kiawah was front 9 34 back 9 31 = rd 65  0akmount best front 9 was 36 = 72 for 18  and st andrews was 36 back 9  = 72  add them up and divide by 3 and my avg should be lower. i posted several scores higher then that ranked play. now i am not worried about it. but i tell all i play with dont quit if you scored lower on this course as it wont matter.  thats what i read it says.  however my own avg does not show that  so whats up  where am i figureing wrong.  i just dont want to mislead anybody  thanks for your help

strikerseasy

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Thu, Oct 13 2011 2:22 PM

according to mathematics your average is as below (open the image in a new window )

though wgt being a little different... currently has your average (rating) at 73.38 

i tried numerous ways of butchering this but i can't find the secret

don't ask me

after approx 30 rounds, your high scores will be dropped from the calculation.

then your average ( change for the word rating ) will only ever go down.

• strikerseasy
    65 Posts
    Thu, Oct 13 2011 4:23 PM

ok then that makes sense .  i dont see why they dont add that to their description . it might just help the quitters to keep playing.  

thanks  strikerseasy

• JeffGooch
    263 Posts
    Thu, Oct 13 2011 6:11 PM

strikerseasy:
    it might just help the quitters to keep playing.  

If balls were more durable there would be less quitting.  But why waste a ball on a lousy round.

Personally,  I still have a decent pile of Dove Balls and protecting them isnt part of my game plan.  Just here to have fun.

JG

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Thu, Oct 13 2011 11:59 PM

JeffGooch:

If balls were more durable there would be less quitting.  But why waste a ball on a lousy round.

That doesn't matter at all. The balls duration continues to decrease regardless of whether or not the round was finished. 

• robdelahunty
    670 Posts
    Fri, Oct 14 2011 1:12 AM

TheLighterDark:
    The balls duration continues to decrease regardless of whether or not the round was finished. 

Seriously you gotta be joking?

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Fri, Oct 14 2011 1:12 PM

JeffGooch:

TheLighterDark:
    That doesn't matter at all. The balls duration continues to decrease regardless of whether or not the round was finished. 

I think he means if you are trying to shoot a certain score in a tourney, and your round thus far indicates you won't reach that goal, you start over rather than finish a round that isn't going to be where you want it to be.  Why play out the last (x) holes, using up ball durability, when you know you are going to replay it again anyway.

RSS