rated by 0 users
Fri, Dec 9 2011 8:18 AM (33 replies)
  • suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2011 7:57 PM

casperturk:
    . Can you slow down the Utube videos.

Normal speed putting video below.

Uploading normal speed full video`s take awhile to upload & i think 10 mins is the max time on video`s.

• Courtney01
    912 Posts
    Tue, Nov 29 2011 11:32 AM

This Is an Incredible Video To show any Up and coming  Players, but all this is showing is replays with way too fast of a shot to understand . Now constuctive Criticisim, Perhaps slow down the replay or alternately have only one putt per video with indepth explination. Explain your fade and why would you aim there, explain the power youll Use and why its important to either add or subtract the power settings for a specific putt. To Add  this all in will beter make new players not only see you do the shot but also undestand why u aim and use power settings....Thus Making them more confident about there putts and not just aim one way or the next. Specific aim is needed for fades and they always vary.

Just saying

Thanks For taking the time to do the videos they sure will help many Players.

Courtney

• jaderoks
    571 Posts
    Tue, Nov 29 2011 7:54 PM

Way to go Sun,

It's nice to see one of the higher ranked players putting in the time and effort to show some of the tricks of the trade.

Kudo's to you.

Cheers

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Tue, Nov 29 2011 8:39 PM

Today's video`s.

Some video`s due to utube policy on copyright with song choices had to change the music for past video`s to there music share list. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Nov 30 2011 10:04 AM

SC-I watched the whole match and I have a couple of questions on shots you made there. I know you were hosting and not in the match but I'm curious about how you aimed your putts and short shots viewed in reverse. It looked like you were counting something the way the triangle moved in steps or were you just reevaluating the line after each move?

Also, when Tess and Pool were putting they would briefly switch to the chip/pitch view for a look before putting. What does this tell you over the putting view?

Lastly, you had a 3W 2nd shot to the green 246 away into a 12 wind at 8 (coming from 2) and used full back spin on the shot. It came up short of the green. Wouldn't top spin have rolled the shot up there?

Thanks for your answers, I enjoyed watching the way you played the shots. Lots of confirmation.  :-)

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Wed, Nov 30 2011 4:02 PM

YankeeJim:
    your putts and short shots viewed in reverse. It looked like you were counting something

I count the lines helps with putting and brake lines meaning grid squares if each dot on each of the lines have the same speed & no how much to adjust your line for different dot speeds only need to count the amount of lines & get speed right. 

Also do the same with wind adjustments. Iron shots work out roughly 1 yard of movement for each mph of wind from 120+ yards.   

YankeeJim:
    Also, when Tess and Pool were putting they would briefly switch to the chip/pitch view for a look before putting. What does this tell you over the putting view

I sometimes do this myself at times , chip view gives a different look at a putt what may not been seen from the putter view very handy at times.

that match I was just a long for the ride. The 66 i shot I was happy with that score 3 player live steaming plays with your meter/meter speeds timing was out a lot on some holes not to bad on others single player steaming does not really make to much of a difference to meter & speed.

Tune in for more soon

http://www.livestream.com/wgtsuncity28

• SOYEL1
    698 Posts
    Wed, Nov 30 2011 6:08 PM

There are programs that allow you to record what is happening in the screen and then edit. One of the best is Camtasia Studio. I recorded an error in one game some months ago that you can see here after I uploaded it to youtube

There is a portable version of a screen recorder that you can install in a thumb drive. It can be downloaded HERE. You can customize it a bit. maybe it is better than to stream while playing. 

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Wed, Nov 30 2011 9:38 PM

^^^^^

Thx ill take a look

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2011 4:51 AM

suncity28:
    I count the lines helps with putting and brake lines meaning grid squares if each dot on each of the lines have the same speed & no how much to adjust your line for different dot speeds only need to count the amount of lines & get speed right. 

Any chance of restating this in a fashion that could be understood? Maybe throw in some punctuation and spell check. I'm getting pms from guys trying to understand what you meant and I can't  figure it out. Thanks.

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2011 5:10 AM

Ill try to explain a little bit.

May be best to look at the video while reading the following.

go to putt 2 on this video & start watching from there.

Each square in front of the putt has a line 

Each line has a moving dot 

Each dot has a speed 

Each dot on each line can be the same speed as the one in front or behind or can be different speeds

In regards to dot speeds i would rate 0 been not moving & 10 been Oak 1st hole. Beth 2nd & 3rd hole back pins been 2.5 - 3 in regards to speed of the DOT or DOTS on the line are moving.

The thing to work & practice on is how much to move your line compared to how fast those dots are moving & if they are all moving the same speed on every line in front of you & you know how much to move your putter line/blue marker for each of those DOTS just a matter of counting how many lines there are & hitting the ball with aggression as you said in a past post it looked like I was counting how i was moving my putting line & also the same for allowing for wind with iron shots.

Hard thing to teach & explain    

RSS