Help › Forums

average

rated by 0 users
Sat, Nov 26 2011 2:37 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • russellie
    668 Posts
    Fri, Nov 25 2011 4:09 AM

Can't get my head round this . been bordering on Master for some time now, getting 2 & 3 under par's and on a 2 under all my score drops by is .02.   thought I was doing qiute well getting the score s I have been shooting ,but the reward seems harsh to say the least.

Russellie 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Nov 25 2011 4:59 AM

Your average, as it is now at 67+, is already 3-5 shots under par. Shooting just 2-3 under isn't going to move it very fast. You need 4-5 unders to make it move faster and where you get them makes a slight difference. 

• russellie
    668 Posts
    Fri, Nov 25 2011 5:30 AM

With regards to where you get them can youi be more specific, as on some courses I cant reach the pin for example congresional etc.

regards

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Nov 25 2011 6:37 AM

A 32 at SA and a 32 at Oakmont in ranked rounds are  different based on the difficulty of the course. Shooting a practice score versus a tournament score won't change anything. The rounds have to be ranked and posted. This is just from what I've noticed with my own average and I'm assuming it applies to yours, too.

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Fri, Nov 25 2011 12:29 PM

wgt shows your current average at tour pro as 67.44

you currently have 191 ranked rounds at tour pro level

if the average of 191 rounds was used then your average would be as shown here

73.2, so this isn't correct

order the rounds from lowest to highest score

so....

your "average" at tour pro level... is the average of your lowest 25 scores.

a score of 68 (34 on 9 holes) will bring your average down.

a score of 69 and up will not affect your average

once you reach master your average will reset

• TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Fri, Nov 25 2011 5:54 PM

I just happened to write this one down last night for future reference.  Shot  -6 on Kiawah and average dropped .16, now that its been said course difficulty plays into the mix. I won't need it as a reference   lol.  Thanks for the info Jim.

• russellie
    668 Posts
    Sat, Nov 26 2011 1:32 AM

Many thank's So I won't bother with  Kiawah,  Will just concentrate on St andrews.

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Sat, Nov 26 2011 2:37 AM

Hello,

Name here is Joe and I am also pretty stumped about the average score and when you jump to the next tier. I first started out in September of this year as a hack. Pushed myself with 14 days straight and became an Amateur on November 2nd just 2 days before my birthday, yes it was a great gift to myself as well as creating a Country Club for me and my friends to join. And here is my question.

My friend became Pro with an average score of 84.6 or in that area and I am still an Amateur at 83.6 but keep leveling up. At my level of 42 I should already be a Pro or better; what is it that I need to play more of to change this. I currently play 9 hole stroke games on a couple of courses and a few actual 18 hole events that are posted by WGT for free. Even upgraded my irons for a better score.

Joe

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Sat, Nov 26 2011 5:22 AM

TeeWade:

I just happened to write this one down last night for future reference.  Shot  -6 on Kiawah and average dropped .16, now that its been said course difficulty plays into the mix. I won't need it as a reference   lol.  Thanks for the info Jim.

your current average of 64.80 is the average of your lowest 50 scores at tour master level.

67 or better will lower your current average.

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Sat, Nov 26 2011 5:54 AM

Quote:

So I won't bother with  Kiawah,  Will just concentrate on St andrews.

I am by no means a very well rounded player but I think you might be making a mistake by just concentrating on one course.

When you do move up you will be hitting farther back and green speeds increase. Personally, I believe you should play all the courses so the learning of each one makes everyone a better player.

• PAGES
RSS