Forums

Help › Forums

5 course showdown

Mon, Dec 18 2023 11:09 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • mockney9990
    4 Posts
    Mon, Nov 27 2023 7:33 PM

Ok thanks that explains it I was -1 after 7 holes and the game quit on me and awarded +1 for the 9 holes. I was super annoyed but thankfully made it to round 2 anyway where I failed to qualify further, Oh well, next time. 

• AlaskanDame
    18,970 Posts
    Mon, Nov 27 2023 9:00 PM

ryry4321:

You know it's frustrating is going into the final round today and all the top 10 people are tour champions all over a level 150 and all shot - 15 or better. That's a joke to me and they all have over like 15 first place showdown badges. Anybody that is over a tour legend should be banned from playing the rookie division

If WGT charged the same 10 credits for a TL and up division, I would play there.  With the glitches as they are, I’m not willing to pay 100 credits (and not 1000 for expert either) that could be used as prize money or a gift for a club member.

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Mon, Nov 27 2023 10:05 PM

ryry4321:

You know it's frustrating is going into the final round today and all the top 10 people are tour champions all over a level 150 and all shot - 15 or better. That's a joke to me and they all have over like 15 first place showdown badges. Anybody that is over a tour legend should be banned from playing the rookie division

I'm guessing there may be a few hacks through TMs looking at your stats and thinking WTF are you doing in the rookie division... 😉

• DaveB334
    1 Posts
    Tue, Nov 28 2023 4:35 AM

The same thing happened to me! On holes 6, 9, and 17. It cost me 9 STROKES, as it stopped loading when I was attempting short birdie putts. It is not even the prize money/credits that bother me. It is the fact that I did PAY to upgrade clubs and balls and was playing well enough to compete for the win (would have been -14), but the glitches cost me. The game is so much fun to play, but the instability IS FRUSTRATING!

• ryry4321
    45 Posts
    Thu, Nov 30 2023 2:28 AM

I mean yeah I I shoot well on nine holes lol sometimes it takes me a couple tries sometimes it doesn't. My best placement in a rookie division is 3rd. And the only reason why is because I'm facing people that are ridiculously high levels and already have over abundance of first place awards.when I get a couple first place I'll go up to veteran for good but for now it is a challenge for me just to get into the top 10 and stay there. 

• ryry4321
    45 Posts
    Thu, Nov 30 2023 11:26 AM

But my best in the rookie division is only 3rd place and The showdown Royal I got 2nd which I find is easier than the  the regular rookie division. I feel like people should tier up in The showdown after they have gotten a couple wins. If I get a couple first place I will be going up to the veteran tier but for now it is a struggle for me to even place in the top 10. 

• redbird103
    16 Posts
    Sat, Dec 2 2023 10:38 AM

ryry4321:

But my best in the rookie division is only 3rd place and The showdown Royal I got 2nd which I find is easier than the  the regular rookie division. I feel like people should tier up in The showdown after they have gotten a couple wins. If I get a couple first place I will be going up to the veteran tier but for now it is a struggle for me to even place in the top 10. 

I’m a Champion, I don’t care about all that , my sole purpose is to win credits and free balls. Since there’s no rules against it I will keep on doing it, I’m not paying 100 credits to play this game. I guess you just need to get better.

• Squatch031
    172 Posts
    Mon, Dec 18 2023 11:09 AM

I was going to wait to post this until after the current showdown was over but this seems like a good time.  I have played numerous Showdowns at the Rookie level and after a year of playing, I have gotten a lot better.  I have been making the finals lately and usually finishing in the top 40 in the finals.  So, I decided to enter in the Veteran level of the Holly Jolly showdown.  I was able to qualify around 40th during the qualifying round with a score of 5 under.  I played fairly well in the elimination round and shot 8 under.  As I type this email, with one day left to finish the elimination round, I currently sit at 57th, well below the cut line, and with one day to go, I see at least 10 golfers who will likely surpass me.  I will likely finish well below 65th with a score of 8 under.  So. to your point, there is a reason some good golfers compete in the Rookie division.  Moving up is a whole other game!  The leader is currently at 19 under with numerous golfers at 17 under following him.  I will revert back to the Rookie level in the next Showdown an continue to practice until I feel competitive at the Veteran level. 

• PAGES
RSS