Respect amongst all players

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 8 2024 11:43 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • chadm2057
    1 Posts
    Sun, Mar 31 2024 10:35 AM

All,

As a legend that has played this game for probably 10 years now I want to say for the most part it's a great community of people.

I play with all levels of players and respect them all because I have been there. But lately mostly amongst some of the Tour Masters I have played with I am being dissed when I lose to one of them which I sometimes do, I'm not invincible.

This behavior is absolutely unacceptable in a game played world wide by millions of people.

Please if your going to play, be civil about it.

OK my rant is done.

Best Regards,

Chad McManus

• Gustavius11
    579 Posts
    Sun, Mar 31 2024 6:15 PM

chadm2057:

As a legend that has played this game for probably 10 years now I want to say for the most part it's a great community of people.

I play with all levels of players and respect them all because I have been there. But lately mostly amongst some of the Tour Masters I have played with I am being dissed when I lose to one of them which I sometimes do, I'm not invincible.

This behavior is absolutely unacceptable in a game played world wide by millions of people.

Chad, I agree, The majority of members are good guys and gals but as you say, there are a small number of idiots out there who show no consideration for others.

Unfortunately there is not much we can do about it other than ignore them and block future games

Gary C

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2024 2:37 AM

chadm2057:
    Please if your going to play, be civil about it.

Agree, I have a few blocked but we still get matched up in alt shot but I know who they are so I just leave. Find a good club to play members and you wont have the problem or get yourself a good group of friends. Cheers

• Squatch031
    173 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2024 7:11 AM

You made a couple of mistakes.  First off, you say "you respect all", which is a big mistake.  People are the worst.  On reason I love golf is for it's individuality...I depend on no one and no one depends on me.  Also turn off your chat and you won't have any issues.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2024 12:38 PM

I am very skeptical that "millions" of people play WGT  I know the marketers want us to believe that...but

That said, I think the OP spoke eloquently and was on point. 

• bulkyboz
    734 Posts
    Tue, Apr 2 2024 9:02 AM

Millions of players yet same alt shot players every single night. Respect. 

• Stlkcdc3
    279 Posts
    Wed, Apr 3 2024 8:03 AM

Squatch031:

You made a couple of mistakes.  First off, you say "you respect all", which is a big mistake.  People are the worst.  On reason I love golf is for it's individuality...I depend on no one and no one depends on me.  Also turn off your chat and you won't have any issues.

Turned off CHAT and never looked back. It's bad enough for the non-verbal BS these A-holes display. Timing out, putting away from hole to stall, and then the 90 second wait as they have just cut and run without the proper forfeit. I agree, 40-50% of the populace are no longer decent people. 10-15% are pure evil. Trust no one. 

Clarification, the general populace NOT the WGT community. 

• Th0maz700
    486 Posts
    Thu, Apr 4 2024 5:42 PM

I have played some guys who have made outrageous comments, but i have never bothered answering them. I guess they get frustrated with no answering. Pretty much all of them will run the clock down to 0, and some even hit back and forth, using as many shots as possible just to annoy me. They are fools, because they don´t know i play other games while playing wgt, so i just wait, no hurry here.

• DJSTHECAT
    5 Posts
    Sat, Apr 6 2024 7:39 AM

Totally agree, turning off chat is the only way, it is a shame cos had some interesting chats with people from all over the world. Not forfeiting and just leaving the game seems more commonplace than ever. Just played someone who was comfortably on the green in regulation, when they get out their driver and whack it down the fairway and then just muck about... what is wrong with people ?

• Next260
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Apr 7 2024 11:33 AM

First Bullsh*t from anyone,chat is off

• PAGES
RSS