Forums

Help › Forums

Marks on the Meter

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 18 2010 1:48 PM (24 replies)
  • Boots89
    42 Posts
    Mon, Feb 15 2010 3:09 PM

Who thinks it would be a good idea to put marks every 10 yrds on the speed meter to better help judge the distance you want to shoot. ?

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Mon, Feb 15 2010 3:18 PM

do a search  (over to the right  --->) for related topics and you will find numerous forums threads on using the avatar movements to do the same. It has been discussed numerous times, and does'nt seem to be realistic for WGT to implement it within the swing meter itself.

• dciman
    25 Posts
    Mon, Feb 15 2010 4:16 PM

Putting or irons, driver wedges etc?

• Boots89
    42 Posts
    Mon, Feb 15 2010 6:21 PM
    How hard could it be to add marks to the meter ?
  • jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Mon, Feb 15 2010 7:00 PM
    Takes maybe 2 minutes to stick a pice of tape over the meter and make a few marks of your own....would have the same affect.
  • Boots89
    42 Posts
    Tue, Feb 16 2010 2:43 AM

Yes and looks Great stuck on the Monitor you can get coloured tape and make it blend in over to you Jeff.

P.S. Maybe WGT can sell us the tape too make more Money for new course ??

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Tue, Feb 16 2010 4:58 AM

Boots89:
    P.S. Maybe WGT can sell us the tape too make more Money for new course ??

i think WGT want "product suggestion" on the forum for people to give ideas how to make the game better not easier.

adding footage/yardage marks on the meter would make the game much much easier and less realistic. this certainly not why i play. there are other games out there better suited to people who want the easiest setup

• Boots89
    42 Posts
    Tue, Feb 16 2010 6:23 AM

Hi Eternalspirit

Not all of us are (Masters) an we can use all the help we can get ALL I want is for the game to be fun for ALL if you don`t like the marks close your eyes after all your a (Masters) and don`t need the help?

Thanks an call back soon.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Feb 16 2010 8:13 AM

Boots89:
    Who thinks it would be a good idea to put marks every 10 yrds on the speed meter to better help judge the distance you want to shoot. ?

When I first started, I trimmed down a piece of lined notebook paper, turned it sideways so the lines run vertical, then attached it to my screen with a piece of scotch tape. There are 13 lines that fit exactly between the start and stop of the power bar. And so, each line progression represents a percentage of full power. That is to say, each line is valued at 7.69%...after a while the lines become a tool that is powerful in value.

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Tue, Feb 16 2010 9:31 AM

My opinion is its very hard to putt without some kind of guidance, with nothing at all you are just guessing.

So people have a choice, either guess, use avatar movements or make a homemade scale.

Yes a scale makes it much easier (and is needed for the new TM putter since the avatar movements are dumb on the 60 foot scale) and that is why they should go to a 3 click meter (with a slower backwing than forward swing however).  

The ideal and most realistic way to have this IMHO is have the meter divided by 10 (for ease of division) and make it a 3 click meter with an overpower zone, then you have to click where you want the power (not just take your sweet time choosing exactly where you want it) even if its moving slower on the backswing, which I think it should be, again realism. 

My 2 cents

RSS