Forums

Help › Forums

Re: COMMUNITY SPOTLIGHT !

Sat, Sep 1 2012 6:11 AM (23 replies)
  • alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 1:41 PM

upinsmoketour:
    but kicking ass in matchplay against all levels is plain & simple SANDBAGGING & wgt should get it sorted before LOYAL money spenders go back to tiger woods not as good I know but you aint gona get treated like a MUG ! If your good enough to  beat tour masters & legends then your good enough to make it past TOUR PRO so cut out the *** WGT & move these people up to the level they should be at & wasting all the honest players

Haven't really got much of a problem with ppl hiding their true skills.I play pool for money,but I don't go into a pool room & bang all 9 balls in..I'd never get a game.The point is if you gamble you will get hustled at some point,as you will hustle,it's all part of the dance surely ? I go into those games & on here with the attitude "I AM BETTER".. At least on here you can see levels/stats/clubs/balls you can even go into score history b4 joining !! Andy

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 8:27 PM

CerinoDevoti:
    I believe the Spotlight can be rendered useless if we ignore it.
    CerinoDevoti:
    I

Lol, give the man a cigar ! Yet Cerino, you do realize ignoring a problem does not make it go away, it only appears that way to the one who is ignoring it. WGT blatently flaunts multi-accounters in violation of skill based gaming rules while hiding behind "Beta" status. This needs to be fixed and the Attourney Generals' office seems to be the only, and last resort, to keep honest players from getting fleeced. Guaranteed, if the cash flow stops, the problem will be corrected in short order.

Doc :)

• FamousBeef
    271 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 9:12 PM

Few random thoughts;

Why don't they immediately closed the account of the 1 round 62 avg hacks, that their marvelous spot-lighter "randomly" picks?

That one round player, 62 avg hack from '10 is no doubt still with  us and by now has accumulated a large collection of such player profiles.The upside for wgt is obvious to casual observer; It "increases" the number of accounts they can claim for PR and marketing purposes. It also gets some rage going in the forums (stimulating a perverse form of community engagement, which in turn gives the admins something to do

Computers are singularly unsuited to generate so called random numbers. The very best they can do is generate pseudo random numbers via some algorithm. The reason is very fundamental - math does not work like that. It is simply not possible to use math to generate a random result. Bottom line: math is NOT random.

As for WGT and the multi-accounters (against the "rules") and restarters ( allowed by "the rules"), look no further than the results, ie. what is in front of your eyes. If WGT didn't want it that way,  it would not be that way. This game didn't program itself. Every single aspect of it is the result of a deliberate application of effort.

Sandbagging is in no way against any rule of WGT. Quite the opposite, it is encouraged and condoned. No use in crying about that.

They set the system up that can  be "gamed". Thus it is gamed. Even this I do not mind, what I DO mind is the false pretense that its unintentional and even more that one day they will set it right.

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 6:11 AM

FamousBeef:

Few random thoughts;

Why don't they immediately closed the account of the 1 round 62 avg hacks, that their marvelous spot-lighter "randomly" picks?

That one round player, 62 avg hack from '10 is no doubt still with  us and by now has accumulated a large collection of such player profiles.The upside for wgt is obvious to casual observer; It "increases" the number of accounts they can claim for PR and marketing purposes. It also gets some rage going in the forums (stimulating a perverse form of community engagement, which in turn gives the admins something to do

Computers are singularly unsuited to generate so called random numbers. The very best they can do is generate pseudo random numbers via some algorithm. The reason is very fundamental - math does not work like that. It is simply not possible to use math to generate a random result. Bottom line: math is NOT random.

As for WGT and the multi-accounters (against the "rules") and restarters ( allowed by "the rules"), look no further than the results, ie. what is in front of your eyes. If WGT didn't want it that way,  it would not be that way. This game didn't program itself. Every single aspect of it is the result of a deliberate application of effort.

Sandbagging is in no way against any rule of WGT. Quite the opposite, it is encouraged and condoned. No use in crying about that.

They set the system up that can  be "gamed". Thus it is gamed. Even this I do not mind, what I DO mind is the false pretense that its unintentional and even more that one day they will set it right.

well damn !! a post that i actually agree with ..

flipside: if multi-accounters bring in enough $ for WGT to further expand the game (and i'm not suggesting that they do, cause i simply don't know), what would be the appropriate course of action then ? rock & hard place ..

RSS