Forums

Help › Forums

COMMUNITY SPOTLIGHT !

Sat, Sep 1 2012 6:11 AM (23 replies)
  • chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Thu, Aug 23 2012 3:21 PM

Thx Pizza ..

the presence of the mods in these forums & the comments and assurances they make are a welcome sight .. speaking for myself, although i'm sure i mirror the opinion of many, it's all i wanna see .. good job

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Aug 23 2012 3:24 PM

We'll hollie mollie. I agree, the spotlight should be a place where active players, who have recently accomplished a great round, won a tourney, made a hole in one, or any other feat worth an atta boy or an atta girl should be highlighted. This will make the community spotlight, a great place for all players to recognize those feats, and post to such players the proper congrats. Will stop the redundant posts about cheaters, baggers or whatever. At least on the spotlights. The cheater posts will never end.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Thu, Aug 23 2012 3:48 PM

Mr    WGT Pizza    ,  the punctuation !   you may not get from me  :)  but in all respect to you  and WGT : what i have reed on this post  is correct ......... i have been here for some time  i dont look at  the first page  anymore because of that  .....   once i saw  myself on the first page (it felt good  pride some :) )   Then  seeing hack  and am  even pro   put me to shame (exagerated here some, but you know what i mean )   i knew there was some funny  stuff  going on  , i decided not to let it get to me , now  that i have done well for myself  .....    Legend     (ok  in my own mind  ) . I  think  of those like  me once ,  just wanting so hard to  mouve up tier to play  with the best  or  the verry good players .      The community spotlight  should  be  moderated  everyday   or  change it  or   go     ,  we know   the greats out here ,  and those  that  makes a great round  ,   exemple (i did a 57  once  ...... i  told the community  why, i was proud wanted Congrats .    hope you get my 2 cents :) 

• Santiago124
    157 Posts
    Thu, Aug 23 2012 11:48 PM

HI  srellim234, well pointed out...and I'd like to piggyback on your comment as I am not sure if this player whose stats are found below has been featured in the spotlight.

At first glance, the glaring statistic is clearly the profile:

Date of joining: 8/6/2011  :  Level 80  :  HACK  :  Ave: 59.50

However upon checking this player has only played 2 ranked rounds since he joined.

1:    9 hole : Score =30   AND    1:  18 hole : Score=59  

Understandable but not necessarily but agreeable are the following inconsistencies in scores and awards.

Skill Challenge Avg. Score = 590.42 ...............BUT successively in this players bag are awards garnered in a span of 1 week;

1 Diamond CTTH, 2 CRYSTAL CTTH & 3 PLATINUM CTTH  Awards!!!!

A  M  A  Z  I  N  G  !!!!!  A  M  A  Z  I  N  G  !!!!!  A  M  A  Z  I  N  G  !!!!!    A  M  A  Z  I  N  G  !!!!!

Good job!!!

• PhilA2
    441 Posts
    Thu, Aug 23 2012 11:57 PM

I asked what was the purpose of the Community Spotlight because of the hacks, etc with very low averages that seem to show up quite often. The response I got was:

"hi

just a way to spotlight players:)

-wgticon"

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Fri, Aug 24 2012 6:23 AM

genorb:

The "problem" (actually that's not a big deal to me) with the community spotlight is the algorithm used to select players which is based only on averages.

The algorithm selects randomly (or pseudo-randomly because the average could be used to weight the frequency of the appearance, this I don't know) players among those having the lowest average in each tier.

Adding additional variables like activity (when the last ranked round was played or, even better, how often the players are playing ranked rounds) would solve a part of the problem.

I knew that it had to be all about an alogorhytnm and whatnot.

THX for the wise info. I am Yancy.

• upinsmoketour
    342 Posts
    Fri, Aug 24 2012 12:54 PM

I take it all back theres only a HACK,   TOUR PRO   ,AMATEUR, &   PRO    leading the SPOTLIGHT ! lmfao ! Players that have a low avg BUT don`t hustle the rest are gaining 0 so there aint a probem but kicking ass in matchplay against all levels is plain & simple SANDBAGGING & wgt should get it sorted before LOYAL money spenders go back to tiger woods not as good I know but you aint gona get treated like a MUG ! If your good enough to  beat tour masters & legends then your good enough to make it past TOUR PRO so cut out the *** WGT & move these people up to the level they should be at & wasting all the honest players game ! I am the most easy going guy you would ever meet so if it pisses me off then I am sure there's others out there that will feel the same but cant be fukced wasting there time moaning about it . Hate to be the moaner here but just sick to death of the SAME *** DIFFERENT DAY ! Great game going to waste & i just had to make my point before its to late !   smoke.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 10:42 AM

I see we have a new amateur on there. Her first round on here scored a 59.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 11:01 AM

I believe the Spotlight can be rendered useless if we ignore it.

RSS