Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Virtual Open Championship Discussion Thread

Fri, Aug 6 2010 10:23 AM (99 replies)
  • jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Sun, Jul 25 2010 9:34 PM

Not that it matters, but pricehcs has been on a well deserved vacation the last two weeks. JB

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Mon, Jul 26 2010 1:07 AM

What a round I had last night, probably the best I have ever played, until the last 2 holes. I was -6 for the first 9 holes, so on target, got the birdie on 10, got to 11 and hit a great tee shot to 9 ft but had a real down hill curler and just missed it, then on 11 drove through the green and then chipped in from the back of the green to go -9. Picked up another 2 birdies on 14 and 16 and so was on the 17th at -11. 27 mph wind behind, so ideal, hooked the bloody thing into the rough, next shot tried to be too clever knowing i needed a birdie and left myself in the rough again, chipped to about 11 ft and missed the putt. Bogey, with the chance of drawing gone played a bit of a flat 18th and parred it.

Well played Avavtar that 58 really was something special.

• ClarkeBosun
    150 Posts
    Mon, Jul 26 2010 2:16 AM

Ah mate, you must've been gutted after the road hole. I think I had 27 mph against me on my road hole lol.

Still, a fine effort sir!

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Mon, Jul 26 2010 4:55 AM

Great effort in the 2nd round and the tourney as a whole Paul, well done mate.  Like Paul said Lee's awesome round of 58 really was the key but to come up with the best score in the 2nd round is some thing special too.

• andyoz
    465 Posts
    Mon, Jul 26 2010 5:14 AM

Very well done Lee, a stunning performance.  I could not have played better than my opening 62, so to see you shoot 58 was amazing.  Very well done. 

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Jul 27 2010 9:35 PM

I'd like to thank you all for the kind words.  Sorry for the slight delay, but life has been in high gear lately with family and work... Summertime is always the most hectic time for me and the pressure of the Opens just added to that.  I'm very lucky to have played the way I did with the little time I could commit to practice, but I've always had a really good first instinct on new situations (the new pins) so I believe that really played in my favor.

Thanks again everyone, and I'll be sure to take lots of pictures!!

Lee

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Tue, Jul 27 2010 10:16 PM

Congrats Lee for a great win.

Cheers

Doug

• TarheelsRule
    5,550 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 12:37 PM

Great win Lee and scoring as well.  The new pins really messed with my head the first day, I couldn't get close to them.  The second day the winds made it very hard as well.  I think that my 71/71 could have been 67/67 but no better.  Lots of 3 putts and 3 doubles on the first day.  Second day it seemed the wind was in my face on every long hole, I couldn't even reach the par 5 on the back in three.  #17 was into about a 25 MPH wind and I think I had 250 to the pin from the fairway.

• pricehcs
    288 Posts
    Sun, Aug 1 2010 1:25 PM

Congratulations Lee to an excellent tourney.  You and B are certainly the most deserving champs for the big prizes this year.  The best players certainly rose to the top - congrats to you both.

The family vacation in an annual pilgrimage in the back half of July - please o please WGT don't make that the annual big tourney time as well!!!

• tdexpress
    76 Posts
    Fri, Aug 6 2010 10:23 AM
    Good job on the sobriety Charlie!
RSS