Forums

Help › Forums

Re: whats the best way to spend 900 credits

Mon, Nov 19 2012 8:14 AM (25 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Nov 18 2012 11:17 AM

lonniescott711:
    By the the time I had found the forums, I had already upgraded to Raptures, and was looking for new wedges

This is exactly what I suggested to do, something you had already done as it turns out!! You make it sound like I'm arguing with you and I'm not. Plenty of people agree with you but you're not giving advice based on YOUR experience. You upgraded early yourself and now you advise waiting. I don't understand.

lonniescott711:
    I am currently sitting on over 2600 credits, does that upset you too?

Why in the world would I care how many credits you have? This isn't about you, it's about a guy asking what he should do with what he has. You didn't wait yet you're telling him too. Why? 

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Mon, Nov 19 2012 2:47 AM

YankeeJim:

You upgraded early yourself and now you advise waiting. I don't understand.

Maybe he learned that whatever he bought on not too long lasting upgrades he could have done without ?

Just guessing, but that seems a reasonable explanation to me.

And yes, there are people here being the best sales persons they can. Anyone knowing this game knows that to really serious players there's just 1 honest advice: Sit on your credits until you reach level 83. It took me only a month or so to figure that out, so you know that for sure, being on here a lot longer than I.

For me the only exceptions to this are the 1415 credits tour pro+ set (for getting used to high trajectory and higher meter speed, yes, it has high trajectory) and the lvl55 Daytona putter. Besides those 2, I'm not gonna buy anything until I reach lvl83 and I would advice any player the same if he is not so wealthy he can throw money around, but still wants to compete in the long run.

R.

• txzdave
    1,316 Posts
    Mon, Nov 19 2012 5:34 AM

Until you truly comprehend triangulation disregard this opinion. Rossa putter. level 59 pings. try a nike putter when you really get hooked, then watch bollox on youtube to learn how to teach everyone. Then look for the real problem.......Alien impedence on your meter. Whatnot and such and done. nuff said. Common man knowledge.

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Mon, Nov 19 2012 5:55 AM

Triangulation.... the word on itself is hard already :)

So you suggest people who don't understand triangulation should never use high trajectory clubs, or what exactly is it that you try to bring across ? They should first spill all there credits on medium trajectory clubs, learn to play with them, only to find out they must upgrade to high trajectory clubs when wanting to compete in the higher tiers. And then the learning process starts all over again..... somehow my own view makes a lot more sense to me.

R.

• bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Mon, Nov 19 2012 7:02 AM

Oddball view: I'm 72.  If I waited until level 91 to make Master I might die a Tour Pro. I get what I can, as I can. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Nov 19 2012 8:14 AM

Rockitch:
    For me the only exceptions to this are the 1415 credits tour pro+ set (for getting used to high trajectory and higher meter speed, yes, it has high trajectory) and the lvl55 Daytona putter. Besides those 2, I'm not gonna buy anything until I reach lvl83

Good move. I didn't realize there were high lofted clubs before level 59 and this is pretty good thinking--spend what you have on something that will help you down the line.  (You don't have to buy entire sets, you can just buy the irons but it looks like you already have them.) :-)

RSS