Forums

Help › Forums

whats the best way to spend 900 credits

Mon, Nov 19 2012 8:14 AM (25 replies)
  • cadobady
    8 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 6:39 AM

I am still getting the hang of this game and have amassed 900 credits which I am not sure how best to utilise.

I have already upgraded the driver and a 54 and 60 degree wedge too.

Should i now spend credits on new irons, a new putter or keep them for better quality balls?

any advice is welcome. Thx

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 10:22 AM

Look at some decent irons. The ball isn't going to help you much with starter equipment. You need clubs that have the ability to use spin before you notice a real difference. Then you can use cheaper balls.

If you can amass a few more credits, 400 or so, you can get into a set of clubs that a lot of players still use-the Raptures. The meter is friendly and they will help you a lot. There's better ones but you're just learning so give yourself room to learn and grow.  GL

• jigglybutt
    208 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 10:44 AM

You could get yourself a 300 credit iron set. I used the orange ones while starting out. They will improve your game and it will leave you 600 credits to spend on a nice  putter or some descent wedges.

Just a thought :) I now find myself  the sooner you start buying 300+ credit balls the more your hooked on them str8 away.

Even though the 300 orange yellow and different color irons are cheap they have a pretty good trajectory on them for the price, good range and pretty good difference from starters.Very good for those looking for the first club upgrade. Especially if you aren`t loaded with credits.

ps it is almost Christmas so.. what kind of irons are you thinking about getting with your 900 credits. RBZ are good price for 700 something credits. Decent trajectory and all right precision with the lower level set.

Good on you to ask for advice here, I did not and ended up with clubs I thought were good but then ended up changing clubs once again. So take your time Make sure it`s something you will use for a while.

Cheers and gl, hope you find a set of irons that help you excel!

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 11:27 PM

cadobady:
    Should i now spend credits on new irons, a new putter or keep them for better quality balls?
    You're at level 46 which limits the choice, and thinking towards the future no iron set available now will help you much once you take the next step.

You might go for a putter if your putting skills are better than the Starter putter. OTOH, this is one of the best clubs in the Starter bag IMHO.

Another choice might be a 3WD. These are cost-effective clubs and real weapons on the courses. I had the lvl47 Rapture, 4 bucks for two shots on long hole of quality length & precision, dropping the driver for it. It has a slow meter and very good forgiveness, helped me beat quite a few Masters and brought me to that tier eventually.

Two alternative 3WDs are the lvl30 R11 and the lvl41 R11s, both with better paper form, a desirably high trajectory but a considerably faster meter.

Each of them may be the basis for a good club set in the Master tier.

You may also try some custom balls. Even the cheapest WGT balls improve shot precision, spin and meter speed, starting with env. 1 credits for a 9 hole game. A steady cash flow, yes, but well worth the fun!

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2012 2:25 AM

I had a similar topic, but then about 2000 credits. (http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/134278.aspx) I learned I'd better hold on to 'm and expand them to about 4000 credits for some equipment which will last (starting from lvl 59 pings). My goal was not to keep buying equipment that's outdated too soon. Your goal might be different. Good luck making the right choice for you.

R.

• cadobady
    8 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2012 3:42 AM

Thanks for all replies!

Rockitch - what you are saying is exactly what I was thinking.

So i was just wondering if there was anything that i could get now that would stand the test of time - and improve my game significantly - and not something that i would want to change when i move up another tier or two (assuming that happens)

thanks

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2012 12:40 PM

Depends on how much you play and how patient you are. I'm even considering not going for the lvl59 pings, but wait for the lvl83 pings... would take about half a year of playing an 18 hole tournament game each day if I calculated correctly. With the 1900 credits I own now that would give me 6 months to earn about 3000 credits (need some wedges and a putter as well). Earning 500 free credits a month seems do-able (depending on the offers). I'm not sure yet if I'm that patient though....

R.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2012 12:53 PM

Rockitch:
    Depends on how much you play and how patient you are. I'm even considering not going for the lvl59 pings, but wait for the lvl83 pings.

Go for the Pings as soon as you can. The game changes dramatically with them and it will take you a while to get comfortable with them. The Loft is the key-they will be your first set with a High loft and that makes a huge difference in this game. You'd be missing out on too much really fun golf by waiting for the higher level ones. You'll slide right into the higher level ones when the time comes-no real big learning curve. There's a huge one in front of you with High loft clubs.

Also, there's 2 ways to look at saving for later and upgrading now. There's a lot of golf to be played to get to later and having halfway decent stuff now makes it more fun. Besides, with the gift giving season around the corner, a gift card from Subway is not only a nice gift to get, it's good here. :-)

• cadobady
    8 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2012 1:30 PM

Ha - it looks like a lot of people are going to dodgy gifts this Xmas because of the ulterior motives of WGT players!!

I guess I'll be patient until i come to a standstill

BTW - can anyone advise what are XP points?

thx

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2012 3:42 AM

xp - experience points. Points u gather during play.

copy paste from faq:

WGT Experience Levels are new and are based on actions you perform on WGT such as completing rounds, hitting shots, earning awards, and interacting with other players. Experience Levels will not be skill-based like Tiers; instead, you will level up as you play and interact on WGT.

Hover the mouse to the right of your level over the partially green bar to see your current points, and the points you need for advancing a level.

Cheers,

R.

RSS