Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Is it just me?

Tue, Nov 20 2012 9:49 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Tue, Nov 20 2012 6:21 PM

I've just been lucky enough to play in more than a few matches with and against top players like Priestess, Bollox, Restorethis, Infinito and other very good players including Lisa03 & Khalinda....Over time you learn the shots to improve your game in order to compete well at the highest level. I've had my fair share of a$$ whoopins by them on the road to improving my game.

Good thing about playing these players is they're good all the time....even if they're having an off day, you still need to try and bring your A game or it's plumbs for breakfast...lunch...tea and supper.

It can be a painful learning curve at times.....but it's all good :)

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Nov 20 2012 7:00 PM

Like some of the top players have said, this is a money making business. You can shoot better by spending your money for upgrades. That was the creators intent from day one. This is a fun game, and can be played cheap or free. As you tier up, you will either spend money for better gear, or stay at a loss as to why shots don't work any more. It is a computer game, it can be made to perform however the programmers need it to, in order to create revenue. As you move up the ladder, you will either get out the credit card, sandbag, open a second account or third or fourth to steal credits from unsuspecting members, or stay with the starter clubs. Everything I just said is true, regardless of who believes it. I have spent several hundred dollars on here, will continue to spend money on here, and continue to have fun with my friends. This is still way less expensive  than hanging out it clubs, chasing women, or other vices. All of which I am too old to do, so I play WGT. I wouldn't say the game is rigged, it is programmed, to achieve it's goal.

• glasssplinter
    3 Posts
    Tue, Nov 20 2012 9:49 PM

To all of you who have responded to this thread, I just want to say "THANK YOU"!  You have a great community of people who really care about golf & this video game.  I may just have to upgrade my clubs & practice more.  It is alot of fun to play, and I wish you all the best!  Thanks for your collective insight & encouragement.

• PAGES
RSS