Forums

Help › Forums

Is it just me?

Tue, Nov 20 2012 9:49 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • glasssplinter
    3 Posts
    Mon, Nov 19 2012 7:09 PM

Do you ever get the feeling that this game is somewhat rigged?  Get the credits through the advertising or open up the credit card.  I love golf. Shot 74 at the age of 14.  Held a 6 handicap at the same club Justin Leonard played at.  This game doesn't play true on a regular basis.  Why? 

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Mon, Nov 19 2012 10:31 PM

No it's not just 'you'. The wgt game is rigged. RIgged & set up to allow you to improve as you "upgrade" your equipment.

If you know real golf, that would help a little with this game but I find that the more I practice, the more I can improve at this GAME.

A video golf game, not real golf. That's kind of a cat of a different breed.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Nov 19 2012 10:54 PM

BubbaCrusher007:
    The wgt game is rigged

Rigged is harsh, but the game (business model) is designed with upgrades in mind. The starter clubs are not forgiving nor consistant and the best way to improve your scores is by upgrading your virtual equipment. Having said that, it is still possible to shoot sub par rounds on the easier courses using the starters gear.

I have played off a low handicap for years and just like the real game, practice is the key to improving. Also as in real golf, better equipment allows you to improve, but on WGT this impact is significant.

With better equipment, your consistancy will improve and coupled with practice your scores will improve markedly. You can play without spending a cent if you want and still upgrade or you can just keep using the starters clubs. Either way you can still enjoy the game but for me the game got a whole lot more fun after I upgraded my equipment having used the starters clubs for a year.

• swh67
    1,491 Posts
    Mon, Nov 19 2012 10:57 PM

yep true good golfers can pick it from a mile away, the games made up to create revenue ....yes its only a web game, but this 1 is the most altered with fake readings etc ive ever played....i played pga tour computer game 15 yrs ago and the tiger woods playstation game for yrs,and it was more realistic then this 1, it is what it is take it or leave it, nothing that creates more revenue on here will change its all about profit as all web games are..the trick is to find ways not to waiste yr balls etc, which it will come after u for, meter spikes,fake wind, fake downhill & uphills, then theres the fake dots on greens where the ball doesnt move or it goes way offline lol they want u to play over and over to use up yr equipment to buy more..some days it will be good to you some days it will take u for what yr worth lol have fun thats the main thing

if ya stay get involved in a country club, then ull have friends to play rnds with and enjoy...the only reason im still here...the rest is an insult to the intellegance lol

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Nov 20 2012 12:15 AM

glasssplinter:
    Do you ever get the feeling that this game is somewhat rigged?  Get the credits through the advertising or open up the credit card. 
    What is rigged in a business thriving for profit IYO?

What are you doing for a living? Do you offer free services, sponsored by the International Tax Payer? lol

Talking about online golf, you might want to get rid of these dreadfully unprecise SWING clubs after 4 weeks of play. Install the Starters which are in your inventory (for free!), learn to swing with the meter and have some fun - still for free.

Another free advice is to mistrust the "caddy" proposing clubs and shots. He's but a lousy b*st*rd, alas an unsackable protegee of the company.

If you return from the "Get Credits" menu section successfully, you might consider to buy some custom wedges, Ping or above, to replace the Starter wedges which really aren't fun in short game. Then you may start to learn all the shots available.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Tue, Nov 20 2012 2:58 AM

i once shot a 67 (-4) at the same club Nick Faldo played at.

the game plays true enough for me.

like real golf there's a lot of practise and a lot of luck involved.

tbe

• mara43
    1,674 Posts
    Tue, Nov 20 2012 3:03 AM

glasssplinter:
    I love golf. Shot 74 at the age of 14.  Held a 6 handicap at the same club Justin Leonard played at. 

thebigeasy707:

LOL............any takers..?......

• swh67
    1,491 Posts
    Tue, Nov 20 2012 4:49 AM

thebigeasy707:

the game plays true enough for me.

like real golf there's a lot of practise and a lot of luck involved.

tbe

some luck , not alot....never seen a very good golfer ass his way to a very good score consistently lol just pickin.....with ya there practise is the key gain knowledge

u must be playing a diff game then,even wgt says the games altered to a curtain degree..how come yrs isint ...ahh thats why yr aTL off 53 is it lol ,..only funnin with ya, u must know every trick thrown at u to play at that level lol

have fun steve

• PAGES
RSS