Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Moderation

Mon, Dec 17 2012 10:00 PM (6 replies)
  • alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sat, Dec 15 2012 11:57 PM

Already had a couple of complaints from friends of friends, who are new to posting but have to wait hours if not days to see their posts..

WGT, how about getting round to it a bit quicker this week, we'll call that the day 1 gift.

The idea I believe was for members to stumble across the offers and also get new members interested ?

As you can see it's come down to regulars asking on behalf of others..I could ask on behalf of a fellow CC member but it sorta defeats the object.

Andy

• Rzbk
    376 Posts
    Sun, Dec 16 2012 2:11 AM

Since I am I either moderated or banned 85% of the time I'm well versed on the time it usually takes before a post is released.

These last few weeks my posts have been released slower and slower until they were stacked 5 deep. I finally wrote in and asked what was the hold-up.

Lo and behold I received an answer saying that all they had was one moderator to handle all that load. 

I mentioned that excuse wasn't getting the job done and I suggested they either hire help or release some of the people they are moderating .

Well, as we all should know by now, they had rather the new people as well as the older miscreants be forced to wait until the thread is closed or the subject is well past that point and then at the same time encourage every one to "recruit" more new players into the forums......

Same old, same old.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sun, Dec 16 2012 2:16 AM

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Sun, Dec 16 2012 10:31 AM

WGT should turn that secirty feature off for at least the holidays. I know its an option as all Message Boards have in the ADMIN settings.

Especially since it has to be done manually by a moderator . They have lives too and cant watch this forum and all the new posters everyday all day.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sun, Dec 16 2012 8:42 PM

Still no word on this WGT, have 7 Amateur + in my CC who won't even bother trying to post as they have heard the horror stories.

One guy waited 5 days for his 1st post to come up ?

Needless to say he is STILL on one post, he ain't been back !!!

Andy

• rosson1
    169 Posts
    Sun, Dec 16 2012 10:33 PM

Just happened in the 4th day of Christmas posts...one guy had been battling away to get in and get a putter but by the time i saw his posts...they had gone...Big Issue to consider in the give-away!

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Dec 17 2012 10:00 PM

rosson1:
    Big Issue to consider in the give-away!

I thought the same thing for my 5th day.

In hindsight, we could hold of the determination of the corect recipients for the 48 hours? 72 hours? it takes to lift the mod?

RSS