Mon, Dec 24 2012 7:22 AM (4 replies)
  • SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Dec 24 2012 2:03 AM

Discuss.

• HacMcDuffer
    1,094 Posts
    Mon, Dec 24 2012 2:11 AM

We had a dog "fixed" many years ago...... I wanted to keep them in a jar on a shelf so we could bring them down for him every once in a while for a lick.....lol.

• rjs1969
    196 Posts
    Mon, Dec 24 2012 2:17 AM

Bollocks &  Dogs Bollocks. 

Which do you think, the mutt prefers to lick?

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Mon, Dec 24 2012 3:26 AM

A story,

On the first tee of a tournament, a competitor's wife showed up and asked for our permission to walk some holes with us to bring her dog to the car park. We obliged despite some "feelings" having a Schaeferhund sitting close to the strokes - would it resist to go after the balls?

Yes it did, was well-kept. They told us that - on request - it would find all wayward balls of a foursome, and it proved that on hole two. Strolling along a burn it suddenly disappeared and returned with a ball lost in that hazard.

Anyway, I was pleased to see lady+dog leave us at the third - too unusual.

and a hint another story: Visit Hopeman Golf Club on the coast of Moray, Scotland. Not only will you see a nice course with that beautiful signature hole from the link, but also an abundance of man-high gorse lining up as natural track borders and ball graves. There's no decision-making whether to search for a ball - it's "no" or NO!

There is a statue of a little dog at the clubhouse door with a plate commemorating it. It must have accompanied his master many times and was able to sneak between and under the gorse, fetching at least a bathtub's worth of balls during it's life.

The smile raised from this helped us to deal with some scottish rain and a bunch of lost balls, as did the unusual fact that there was (unfamiliar to me) a green fee discount on Sunday.

One of many joyful days in the Highlands!

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Dec 24 2012 7:22 AM

alosso:
    One of many joyful days in the Highlands!

nice!

RSS