Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Legend Tier - a place for the homeless...

rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 31 2012 5:28 PM (5 replies)
  • bigdognz
    61 Posts
    Sat, Dec 29 2012 4:21 PM

After busting my guts to reach legend tier at L77 and thinking I had reached the holy grail of WGT I now find that the tier is a hang out for the homeless, semi-retired, uninspired and those that cannot or will not get any better.

The number of Legends who have poor stats, minimal earnings, and play accordingly is many. It seems when you get here you have two places to go - either keep paying for better equipment to cope with the back tees, or just play for a bit of fun knowing this is your lot.

It sems the "smart play" is to stay as a Tour Master and still get the advantge of the good gear. When playing alt shot the competent TM has a distinct advantage over most Legends.

For mine, I'm pressing onwards and upwards, leaving the drifters behind, however I can't help but think how many Legends have virtually given up the game due to the predicament they find themselves in. 

• togemag
    991 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2012 11:50 AM

bigdognz:

I now find that the tier is a hang out for the homeless, semi-retired, uninspired and those that cannot or will not get any better.

Next time you play, do your partner a favor and not play games so that they may have a chance to win. If you were to have played I think we would know about your statements. WOW, nothing else is needed to say; SMH.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2012 12:16 PM

Damn bigdog, another happy comment for the end of 2012. I'll be your huckleberry, I'm not homeless, retired, even semi-retired, uninspired, or otherwise incapable of possibly whooping your ass in a friendly game. But making Legend in less than 300 ranked rounds, I'm not sure who you really are. You may have been a Legend 3 times all ready. Any how, Happy New year, and welcome to the Retirement Home. (again)

• bigdognz
    61 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2012 4:59 PM

No need to get personal firend, just calling it how I see it.

• bigdognz
    61 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2012 5:03 PM

Hey Renni, I'm on your side, just calling it based on my experience with "other" players. If you cared to have a decent look at the stats of many of your alt shot playing partners you would see. Many are just CTTH players.

PS. I only have one ID thank you very much!

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2012 5:28 PM

Yup, gave up the ghost a long time ago myself, even though i was a very decent player once. Soon as i hit Legend, it was like i made the cash machine tier, instead of the player tier. Im only here for friendship now, and i can forget about competing. I almost have it down to a tee as to when a good game for me will come about. Its something like once in every 15 games. That suggests that its all programmed, and its something i have come to accept (partially).

No worries though, friendships break up all the time, and if WGT want to keep me here after that, then its not going to happen. I think everyone knows how i feel about the game, as ive posted a lot about it in the past, and ive actually done my best to stop the moaning about it. But i, like you, would love the numbskulls at WGT to at leats dumb down the VEM that haunts me in every single game, and  to just relax on it for some short periods once in a while. Then i might get some real enjoyment back in playing the game.

RSS