Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Need a break ?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 1 2013 8:08 AM (22 replies)
  • Rufustoad
    258 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2012 6:44 PM

Renniw52, I am now at level 83 and still have never played against anyone. For one I am on 3g Hot Spot internet and sometimes drop so I did not want to make anyone mad and for another I did not know if I was good enough and if your playing 50's I was correct:) I am also getting to the same point you are but will continue for a while longer. Sorry you don't enjoy as much and hope you find your friends. Happy New Year.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2012 7:31 PM

At times I can honestly answer yes to all 6 points but then I sit back and realise why I play WGT - for enjoyment. So regardless of how I play I still get enjoyment from the game - the day the enjoyment stops is the day I will stop playing.

If I am playing any form of the game, if I am playing like a hack (more frequently than I would like) I still get enjoyment from seeing an opponent hit a great shot.

But a break sometimes works wonders from anything. A number of years ago I stopped playing golf in real life as my game was falling apart in every department. Going from a low handicap and suddenly never playing to it was demoralising. I took a 3 year gap from playing. When I started playing again I was not as good but had a different outlook - the game was about friendships and enjoyment. I put myself under no pressure to perform well. Now if I shoot 10 over on a course I am happy, before my break I would have been mortified to have shot so badly.

I suppose what I am saying is Golf (whether in RL or simulated) or pretty much anything you do, is about attitude and what you want to acheive. Sometimes a break can make you re-evalulate what you want from anything. Call it a vacation and I hope to see you soon Alex.

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Tue, Jan 1 2013 8:08 AM

alanti:

At times I can honestly answer yes to all 6 points but then I sit back and realise why I play WGT - for enjoyment. So regardless of how I play I still get enjoyment from the game - the day the enjoyment stops is the day I will stop playing.

If I am playing any form of the game, if I am playing like a hack (more frequently than I would like) I still get enjoyment from seeing an opponent hit a great shot.

But a break sometimes works wonders from anything. A number of years ago I stopped playing golf in real life as my game was falling apart in every department. Going from a low handicap and suddenly never playing to it was demoralising. I took a 3 year gap from playing. When I started playing again I was not as good but had a different outlook - the game was about friendships and enjoyment. I put myself under no pressure to perform well. Now if I shoot 10 over on a course I am happy, before my break I would have been mortified to have shot so badly.

I suppose what I am saying is Golf (whether in RL or simulated) or pretty much anything you do, is about attitude and what you want to acheive. Sometimes a break can make you re-evalulate what you want from anything. Call it a vacation and I hope to see you soon Alex.

As always, great words Alan dear friend.  Yes, I will call it vacation ;)  I have to admit that I put way too much time playing this year, so, I'll take it little easier now.  Cheers my friend ... Gracias !

Q

RSS