Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Beach-side Dwellers

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jan 16 2013 2:29 AM (5 replies)
  • josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Tue, Jan 15 2013 1:49 AM

Starting this post due to the yearning for the sea. I have grown up and lived most of my life near or not to far from Our beautiful ocean. Been in the Catskills one and loved the peaceful scenery and leaves changing in the spring. But am truly in love with the sea!

So anyone who would like to post a very tranquil picture of the shore or ocean and anything related please do so. Here is mine I took while on a cruise last summer. This is the last time I was on the water or near the beach since I am just under 50 miles from it and do not get there as often as I wish.

Sorry, I may need some help in adding my photo from my computer on here. So if anyone can help me I would appreciate it.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Jan 15 2013 2:53 AM

you had the right idea, but when you clcik the INSERT MEDIA link on the toolbar, you need to remove the existing http:// that is already there. It is actually already highlighted so just click on where it is highlighted and paste over the top of it.

look at your link:

http://http//dms.wgt.com/upload/2012/12/c74527_20121225_012213.JPG

^^^^^^^^^^ it has 2 sets of 'http://'

Heres your pic

josephk2317:
    Starting this post due to the yearning for the sea

Ocean breezes, the gentle smell of sea salt in the air, childrens laughter cascading with the refections in the water as they find random shells in the sand and as the sun sets our troubles are forgotton and we are in awe of the beauty around us.

I must admit, this is a nice thread and will hopefully put a little nice energy in the forums, at least for a moment, god knows there has been some bad energy here.

Times like these when thinking of tranquility and peace, I reflect on the important things, i remind myself there is much more positive energy on the planet than there is negative and to not sweat the small things.

Pizza, you should take a page from the book of a thread like this.

But thats futile.  :(

In Australia all our cities are on coasts, we have a beach lifestyle.

Heres a beach in Australia, 

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Tue, Jan 15 2013 7:10 PM

Thanks Shrude,

Your stunning picture of the sea shore made me so calm I almost fell asleep looking at it. 

And that's not good, I'm still at work....LOL

I like the way the colors in the sky reflect off of the ocean; absolutely amazing, surreal in a sense. I will upload some of my cruise ship pics when I get home tonight. But they will not come close to yours. I LOVE the sea and even spent the summer of 1983 on the beach learning how to surf from the lifeguards with their long boards. If  I ever had a chance I would buy some beach front property in Costa Rica or the Caribbean.

P.S. I hope everyone enjoys these and the following pictures that will come. And may they relax you and give you inner peace. 

sincerely,

Joe

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Tue, Jan 15 2013 7:59 PM

Here's one I took in Lahaina, Maui just a few weeks ago.

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Wed, Jan 16 2013 12:38 AM

Here is the first one. Looking West towards the Sunset past the beach (Cocoa Beach) from 2 miles out.

Well still issues trying to copy from Windows Photo viewer to here.

When I did the instructions above it is just left blank in the URL box after replacing it.

Will keep trying

And keep the pictures coming, they are beautiful. 

Well I actually copied the URL from above but wanted it to be much bigger. Oh well keep trying.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Wed, Jan 16 2013 2:29 AM

josephk2317:
    but wanted it to be much bigger.

josephk2317:
    Well still issues trying to copy from Windows Photo viewer to here.

YUou may be copying ust the thumbnail image from Phot Viewer.

That image, the one i posted for you originally is actually that big as the original.

find the original. and post it.

But glad you managted to work out how to post images now :)

Heres a beach from my hole state , South Australia - Ethel Beach.

Many a weekend there.

RSS